Aphids, thrips, mites? pretty much whatever!

I got mine to late for this set (all plants dead or diseased) Will definitely use it on my next set and give my reviews. 

Thanks CAPCOM for the opportunity.

I received the same package as na8thaniel today. It smells like a herb or spice i have in my cupboard. Cinnamon maybe? Just a little late since I had to throw out all my OW peppers and my seedlings i was testing for germination from this years seed. Damn those aphids. Wish i had gotten this earlier!

Cndspice said:
I received the same package as na8thaniel today. It smells like a herb or spice i have in my cupboard. Cinnamon maybe? Just a little late since I had to throw out all my OW peppers and my seedlings i was testing for germination from this years seed. Damn those aphids. Wish i had gotten this earlier!

yeah its some kinda oil extract - works like neem i guess, suffocates soft bodied insects on contact- doesnt say if it has a wetting agent in it though r if it is absorbed into the plant tissue or not

guess ill mix it at 1 ounce per gallon(lol what a funny measurement of liquid-so thats like 8ml per L) with a spot of dish soap and dip the plants in it

Ok, I am at the grow shop right now and am discussing your issues with Mike. He tells me he inserts a card with instructions in the envelope.
N8thaniel said:
yeah its some kinda oil extract - works like neem i guess, suffocates soft bodied insects on contact- doesnt say if it has a wetting agent in it though r if it is absorbed into the plant tissue or not

guess ill mix it at 1 ounce per gallon(lol what a funny measurement of liquid-so thats like 8ml per L) with a spot of dish soap and dip the plants in it
DON'T mix it with anything except water!

CAPCOM said:
Start the feedback, still a lot of naysayers and /or skeptics out there that need convincing. So far I am the only affirmation.
I wish I would have taken pictures of before. I had a few plants that were kind of forgotten and were almost leafless when I found them completely covered in aphids and whitefly. I tried hosing them off with water every day but never successfully kept them clean. I was ready to burn them when I found this post. I sent a message to Michael and in less than a week the package arrived. Followed the directions on the card he sent and loaded up a squirt bottle. Went to town on the plants and the soil surfaces. It looked like the aphids were not very happy instantly but wanted to wait overnight to be sure. It rained hard all night long and when I checked in the morning the plants were beat up but clean. Almost a week later and still no returnees. Same scenario with neem oil would have them covered all over again.

I have 1 more dose to use as a follow up and I'll see if there's any damage to new growth from it.
I'll update in a couple days.

Still a little early but so far this stuff rocks!!
Compared to any other natural/organic/safe-for you products I've tried I think this is a big win for peppers!!!
:party:

CAPCOM said:
Ok, I am at the grow shop right now and am discussing your issues with Mike. He tells me he inserts a card with instructions in the envelope.

DON'T MIX it with anything except water!

Def no instruction card-multiple confirmations

if its an oil it wont mix with water.... so i guess he has a wetting agent-ok thanks

Here is the instruction card.

20151124_180528.jpg

20151124_180541.jpg

Hawaiianero said:
I wish I would have taken pictures of before. I had a few plants that were kind of forgotten and were almost leafless when I found them completely covered in aphids and whitefly. I tried hosing them off with water every day but never successfully kept them clean. I was ready to burn them when I found this post. I sent a message to Michael and in less than a week the package arrived. Followed the directions on the card he sent and loaded up a squirt bottle. Went to town on the plants and the soil surfaces. It looked like the aphids were not very happy instantly but wanted to wait overnight to be sure. It rained hard all night long and when I checked in the morning the plants were beat up but clean. Almost a week later and still no returnees. Same scenario with neem oil would have them covered all over again.

I have 1 more dose to use as a follow up and I'll see if there's any damage to new growth from it.
I'll update in a couple days.

Still a little early but so far this stuff rocks!!
Compared to any other natural/organic/safe-for you products I've tried I think this is a big win for peppers!!!
:party:
One of the things that is amazing about this stuff besides the fact it works on pests is that it doesn't harm the plants like neem oil and some other products I have used in the past. Even during the light period it can be used without damage occurring to the vegetation.

Mine arrived today! I don't have any pests on my pepper plants at the moment as they mysteriously disappeared (probably planning their attack) without any treatment except pyrethrum over a month ago. If/when aphids, grubs and thrips come back I will use the guardian and report the results here.

I will however do a treatment on my tomatoes as they get the occasional thrip attack so will apply in the next few days.

I'm obviously interested in anything that kills aphids effectively, but CAPCOM, what is your business interest in this product?

Nearly every post of yours in this thread sounds like it came from a 3 AM infomercial.  You are clearly profiting from pushing this product in some way, and I can't evaluate it in a serious manner until I know what that is.

Wulf said:
I'm obviously interested in anything that kills aphids effectively, but CAPCOM, what is your business interest in this product?

Nearly every post of yours in this thread sounds like it came from a 3 AM infomercial.  You are clearly profiting from pushing this product in some way, and I can't evaluate it in a serious manner until I know what that is.
I don't see how his level of business interest should determine whether or not the product deserves a serious review. An honest review in return for a few free samples is all that was asked.
He already put his name on the line when he mentioned the free offer. People mentioned no directions came with and started suggesting their own ideas of how to apply and so CAPCOM posted the directions and warned against mixing other additives.
Can't give accurate evaluation without correct application. We as a group will determine if it really works or if it's just another waste of time and money.

Besides, if the man is making a little on the side for promoting the product then good for him.

That's my 2 cents :drunk:

Wulf said:

I have been contemplating since lunch time how to respond to this without coming across as arrogant or obtuse while establishing my position, without divulging my position.
I have an extensive ever present history on this forum dealing with the yearly onslaught of aphids throughout the off season. I have tried many of the concoctions, home brews and expensive commercial remedies as well as repetitive shipments of ladybugs and green lace wings. While many of these remedies had impacts, none of them had long lasting or significant enough impacts to cause complete eradication of the pest for the remaining indoor grow season. So when after repeated attempts to get me to try this product finally prevailed and I seen the results that had evaded me in everything else I had tried, I got excited.
I know too well I am not the only pepper grower that goes through this every year and that the threads for help and suggestions follow closely behind the invasions of the aphids. Just wait for the results of members already using this product.

I have made statements in other threads that are related to what I am now going to neither confirm nor deny.
As far as any potential profit or benefit I may or may not be receiving for my efforts in promoting an outstanding product, that is my business and will remain so.
As far as a serious evaluation goes, I dont see how my business would effect that outcome. you send an email, get your free sample, follow the instructions and kill a bunch of aphids, mites thrips fungus maggots or what have you. The product speaks for itself.

I realize this could easily come across as confrontational, and maybe it is to some extent, but I'd like to clarify my position as well.

You've been around a while and you're fairly active, and while I wouldn't say you've quite made it into "well trusted" territory in my subconscious, I do tend to pay more attention when you post something.

As I was reading your post this seemed like an awesome product, and marketers have wet dreams about triggering the neurons that were going off in my head.  Then, the more I read, the more obvious it became that this was an advertisement and you are profiting off of it somehow, and I immediately felt tricked.  The entire point of marketing is to trick people (to varying degrees, even if it's just tricking them to spend money when they don't want to), so as things stand I am currently giving this product zero credence.  Not as a judgment against you or it personally, but because that is my default position when I only have marketing materials to base my opinion on.

I do, however, lend some credence to your place in this community and would take you at your word if you were to disclose your standing with this product, allowing me to judge your words in their appropriate context.

You are under no obligation to prove to me that you are not selling literal snake-oil under the guise of a satisfied customer.

I received a sample in a timely manner. Sprayed the recommended dose on my indoor Alpine strawberries that had a minor spider mite issue; 30 days later all I see is dead spider mite specs. I will attest this stuff does wonders on spider mites.

thanks to whoever sent it.

CAPCOM whilst your thread does sound like an infomercial, it would be hard not too when you are offering free sample of a product that you obviously believe in. So I think that can be forgiven.

Also, as a very skeptical buyer I don't like spending money on numerous products that don't work. So a FREE sample is a no brainer for me and if it works I will happily part with my money in the future for this product (pretty sure that's the idea of this thread!!).

If it works I don't care if you make a million bucks it's not my/anyone's business to know.

Guardian may well be a helpful step forward for some growers and I will report my progress as I use my free samples. So far just receiving my samples seems to have scared the pests away lol.

Ps it does smell nice if you were growing a plant in your home you could spray this without choking everyone!!

I brought a Trinidad Scorpion plant inside for the winter, in my nice and warm and cozy grow tent. It wasn't long until the aphids arrived.

IMG_7542.JPG

So I hired some hit ladies and put about 30 of them into the grow tent. They immediately got to work...

IMG_7548.JPG

(By the way, does anyone know why some of the leaves have those light patches in them?)

After the frenzied feast, which lasted several days, the hit ladies found time for recreational activities...

IMG_7565.JPG

Nature is cool!

grover said:
I brought a Trinidad Scorpion plant inside for the winter, in my nice and warm and cozy grow tent. It wasn't long until the aphids arrived.

attachicon.gif
IMG_7542.JPG

So I hired some hit ladies and put about 30 of them into the grow tent. They immediately got to work...

attachicon.gif
IMG_7548.JPG

(By the way, does anyone know why some of the leaves have those light patches in them?)

After the frenzied feast, which lasted several days, the hit ladies found time for recreational activities...

attachicon.gif
IMG_7565.JPG

Nature is cool!
They do work well. Hopefully they were thorough. They only need to miss one and die off first.

Back