Aphids, thrips, mites? pretty much whatever!

Psychographic said:
Here's my update 10 days after the application.

It seems to be a complete success!  I had two Reapers, one Red Caribbean, and a Sweet Potato Vine that were covered with Aphids. I've been checking on them every few days and each time I think I see some on one of the plants I grab a magnifying glass only to see a group of lifeless Aphid "shells". The worst was the one Reaper that I cut back to overwinter. I honestly didn't think it was going to make it, it was down to just a few leaves that were barely hanging on. Now it's full of new growth.

Guardian Kicks Ass!!!!!!
Don't be afraid to do a follow up spray in case you missed one. Guardian is a contact spray with very short lived residual benefits. If you miss just one you could see an outbreak later. Generally though the infestation is right there where you can see it and a simple follow up gets the straggler and makes you feel a little more confident.

CAPCOM said:
Don't be afraid to do a follow up spray in case you missed one. Guardian is a contact spray with very short lived residual benefits. If you miss just one you could see an outbreak later. Generally though the infestation is right there where you can see it and a simple follow up gets the straggler and makes you feel a little more confident.
I was wondering if a follow up application would be safe. Now I know and thanks CAPCON.

I am now distributing GUARDIAN products at the distribution as well as the retail level. This became official Wednesday night.

And YES, this means I have the potential to make a profit on the products, Now.

Hey, who cares what your involvement is; if it works, if its free, what does it hurt if you make a buck (or a million).

I've got a sample coming on the seed train, hoping it takes care of leaf footed bugs as well. We will certainly see this summer *evil chuckle*. In the mean time, I have a slight issue with mites on a single plant (one of three this year) and I may just torch the thing.

Been saying.

If you have had or are having issues with Aphids, mites  etc etc. and you try Guardian, you will kick yourself in the a$$ for not doing so sooner. I know this, because I am doing, just that.

FGpepperguy said:
This stuff works like a charm!
Been saying.
If you have had or are having issues with Aphids, mites  etc etc. and you try Guardian, you will be kicking yourself in the a$$ for not doing so sooner. I know because I am doing just that, right now.
jsschrstrcks said:
Hey, who cares what your involvement is; if it works, if its free, what does it hurt if you make a buck (or a million).

I've got a sample coming on the seed train, hoping it takes care of leaf footed bugs as well. We will certainly see this summer *evil chuckle*. In the mean time, I have a slight issue with mites on a single plant (one of three this year) and I may just torch the thing.
Don't torch it. Wait for your bottle. tTeat your mites with the spray and you will have confidence the next time you have an outbreak.

Yep,
For those who got a sample bottle, enjoy it. It looks like ITS DONE.    for now.
The ivermectic is not the problem though as it is used in a lot of other products. The problem exists in the fact that the product was labeled as a G3 organic product. The owner of the line unbeknownst to Mike (my direct contact) to GUARDIAN decided back in Oct to do the unthinkable and fix a product that was not broken and add ivermectin and not disclose to anyone what he had done. Rather than add to all the internet gossip I stopped in to the grow shop this afternoon to find out straight what happened and as a result was able I think to bring some positive retrospect and comfort to someone who has seen the world around then come crashing down. It is not every day you see a potential multimillionaire in the making, see it all gone from one boneheaded mistake not of their own doing. There is a history that will obviously end up being made public of past dealings of the owner that may also shed light onto how this development could have come to pass.

I will continue to use what little I have left, without any problem whatsoever.

sirex said:
I thought the problem was the abamectin?
I could have inserted the wrong chemical as I was doing research on the avermectin and the led to the ivermectic. It really does not matter in that either one added to a G3 organic pesticide and not indicated so on the label would be a violation.

Ivermectin is precisely the problem.

Mike Delamater is the owner, no?

Given your version of events is the fourth or fifth story floating around, you'd think he would be trying to explain to the public what exactly happened, yet all social media has been shut down/restricted.

Considering the large number of users that have been spraying this product for monthes with zero PPE, I would expect him to be walking into and out of courtrooms for quite awhile.

miguelovic said:
Ivermectin is precisely the problem.

Mike Delamater is the owner, no?

Given your version of events is the fourth or fifth story floating around, you'd think he would be trying to explain to the public what exactly happened, yet all social media has been shut down/restricted.

Considering the large number of users that have been spraying this product for monthes with zero PPE, I would expect him to be walking into and out of courtrooms for quite awhile.
Mike made a post as soon as he discovered what had happened on FB and apologized as best he could for a situation that was beyond his control. Because this will be a federal investigation and is ongoing, I feel it best to not say anything that has not been already devouged on public media by the potential defendants in the case. Besides, it is just hearsay anyway.

I am personally shocked and dismayed to find out that a failure to divulge pertinent information led to the recall of this product.

My condolences to all involved.

Any updates?  Will this product ever be available again?  I received a free sample this year and it works great!

Wulf said:
I am personally shocked and dismayed to find out that a failure to divulge pertinent information led to the recall of this product.

My condolences to all involved.
The product is not being recalled.

bpiela said:
Any updates?  Will this product ever be available again?  I received a free sample this year and it works great!
Nothing new.
No, it is pretty much done. If you have it, save it for bad outbreaks.
Yeah, works great dont it?

GUARDIAN is no longer available. Do not request samples by clicking on the email links that may still exist in various locations on this forum.

Back