• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Aphids?

I took this photo through a microscope. These little critters are sitting in the flowers of my Hab peppers. I suspect they are why its not producing. Are these aphids?

1445e3f9.jpg

yup, hatefull little buggers. that body shape is unmistakable. there are lots of kinds.. the color might change.. but that's what they are... babies by the size.

KILL THOSE BASTARDS!!!!

Aphids are, by far, my major pain in the ass since I started growing chillis.
Their numbers grow very fast, kill them while you can.

Bleash

You want to hear something weird?! I saw one of the aphids shoot a drop of clear liquid off his ass onto the pollen part of the flower (don't know what those little purple dealies are called) when I was watching it under the microscope. WTF WAS THAT!!!?!!

I took this plant home about 3 weeks ago and put it outside. This one was growing along side the plant with the aphids which is growing on a window sill in my office, I have no idea how the little buggers found that plant on the second floor of an office building, anyway, I took one of the plants home and put it outside. There was one flower with aphids on it when I checked it today (as I just discovered the aphids at work this morning) so I pulled it off and ground it into the pavement with my shoe......DIE! It's now starting to produce. I think I'll bring the others home as well, it looks like the natural predators for the aphids have done the job outdoors.

154db841.jpg

2a169f52.jpg

10fe1302.jpg

Back