event Araluen's Fremantle Chilli Festival 2010

I will try to get into the competition, if I do you guys should bring down some 7.3 million extract, just so I can steal the crown :)

Bah! Argr! ...

I should really just light a fire and stick some hot coals in my mouth, so much cheaper.

Well I have the results of how many people showed up. On Saturday there were around 7,500 people and on Sunday around 11,000. Not quite 20,000 but still very very busy!
I think that is pretty cool that Perth managed to get more people through the gates than the Fiery Foods Festival! To the best of my knowledge they had 15,000 for the whole weekend.
I have put a few photos up on my facebook page if anyone wants to see. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Wildfire-Chilli/138670116950 .There are also some photos on www.johnnphotos.com a professional photographer that came around. Click onto the Client Lounge then Chilli Festval.

Excellent to see we had a great turnout. Should be interesting to see what happens next year.

A little off-topic(sorry), but how did everyone go after Mondays Storms?
Got a bit of water inside when my loungeroom when my window became a waterfall(on the inside!). After throwing Sheets, blankets, towells, my dogs bedding(at her disgrace) etc at it and made a retaining wall managed to stop alot of it. Sounds like I got off very lightly after hearing about the Golfballs that smashed windows and dented heaps of cars over Subiaco area. Some people are still waiting to get their electricity on!
Anyway hope everyones alright,

Micca

Micca302 said:
Excellent to see we had a great turnout. Should be interesting to see what happens next year.

A little off-topic(sorry), but how did everyone go after Mondays Storms?
Got a bit of water inside when my loungeroom when my window became a waterfall(on the inside!). After throwing Sheets, blankets, towells, my dogs bedding(at her disgrace) etc at it and made a retaining wall managed to stop alot of it. Sounds like I got off very lightly after hearing about the Golfballs that smashed windows and dented heaps of cars over Subiaco area. Some people are still waiting to get their electricity on!
Anyway hope everyones alright,

Micca

Our roof started leaking in 2 spots but that is near where the solar panel people put the solar thing up so they must have left off a few tiles. Adam got in the roof and noticed though that some of the guttering needs fixing so will have to do that soon. Other than that our street was a river and all the kids were playing in it. It was knee depth. We got off pretty lightly too.

Good to see you came through ok. Hope Scorpion and the others made it through ok too.
Recorded 60mm of rain in my rainguage, now that’s some way to end a 4Month dry spell!

Micca

My girlfriend came running outside when I screamed "Fuck" when I saw my yellow bhut with nearly no leaves left (that I received just a few weeks earlier - But it has started growing new leaves so its all good) ... my pumpkin vine is dead ... looks like someone shot it up with a shotgun. Actually, the yellow bhut was the only one that received any major damage. My choc capsicum lost a few pods, they got shot through. But pretty much all my plants were sitting in a few inches of hail but didn't get damaged besides from some pods that got hit. They were protected by the house for the most part.

The side of our house flooded, about 4 inches deep because the drains backed up (my seedling trays were under water). I stuck my arm down the drain to clear it out but by that time I couldn't feel my feet. I went down to the main road and cleared their drains cause it was under a good foot of water ... we actually have video of me pulling out all the shit out of the storm drains that had clogged them up (cause cars couldn't get through the road). We have a huge storm pit near our house which is probably a quarter acre in area that was filled up with a good 3 meters of water. I should have taken my ski down ...

I was at Subway when it hit, no rain or anything, went inside, then boom boom boom boom, turned around and all his hailed appeared out of no where, it was so loud it really hurt my ears (tin roof). I had to go back to the car, worst than paintball, just bam straight into me, 3cm pieces of hail. Got back inside the car then drove home during the worst of it, hit that flood I talked about earlier, like hitting a bloody pole, we got thrown forward in the car, didn't see it. When we got home the hail stopped ... the fields were white, beautiful sight, everything just like snow. Then came the part of running around clearing all the drains before the water got into the house ... only like 10 minutes of bloody terror ... but was so much fun! Note to God, lets do it again!

Back