• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Arctic Chili 2014 ™ORGANIC ™ grow glog

2014 may be the year of the chili! Aiming for 260+ plants this year mainly in polytunnels. So starting off this year: 

The complete list

Butch T Red
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Red
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Yellow
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Chocolate
7 Pot Primo
7 Pot Red
7 Pot Yellow
7 Pot Jonah
7 Pot Yellow x Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Yellow
7 Pot Smooth Yellow
Yellow Datil
Fatalii Yellow
Peach Bhut
Bhut Jolokia Red
Bhut Jolokia Yellow
Bhut Jolokia x Pimente de Neyde
Butlah
African Naga
Brain Brain Red
Brain Strain Yellow
Caribbran Red
Thai Red
Thai Yellow
Jalapeno El Jefe
Jalapeno Early
Jalapeno Multicolored
Aji Leom Drop
Aji Pineapple
Aji Cajamarla
Scotch Bonnet
Trinidad Perfume Red
Medusa
Capanjano Scorpanero
Orange Blob
Goatweed
Numex Jalmundo
Yellow Habalokia
Joloro
Wild Brazil
Mustard Habanero
Habanero Handgrenade Chocolate
Unknown North Myanmar Chili
Maras Biber
Carolina Reaper

1560495_10152156439576351_2056292442_n_zpsb0cea500.jpg

1016203_10152156439606351_141226684_n_zps06f5cff7.jpg

20140205_194515_zpsg9pknk20.jpg

20140205_194826_zpsxkggvi9e.jpg

Got two African Naga and two Bhut Jolokia going all winter. In tents with full automated hydroponics. Been fair to me, giving a lot of fruits! 

20140205_194619_zpsblgysflc.jpg

This is a yellow papaya tree, the other one coming up is a green papaya tree. I use it in sauces so why not. 

20140205_194521_zpsi0lxlcxo.jpg

And more. Loads of tomatoes too. 

Finally the seeds collected in North Myanmar in January has sprouted after many tries and failures. Im so keen on having a look what they will turn out like 

Blister said:
Whoa! 260+ plants. Are you looking to take over the chili market in Norway?  :P  With all the superhots, it looks like you have a lot of heat coming your way this year. Good luck.
No, but some need to make the market here :D Thanks

jedisushi06 said:
Nice list, good luck this year!

capsidadburn said:
Sounds like fun and lots of work!  Best of luck with your season.
Pleasure, not work ;)

PexPeppers said:
WOW LOOKIN GOOD!
Thx

Blister said:
Looking good! You say you're behind, but the pants seem to be right on track.

Neil

Yeah, the cats will come when they feel like being photographed :) 80% of the non superhots are flowering and I´m having a hard time keeping them bud free... 

Ok, this is nothing more than a sensation!! One of my hydro plants which is some years old was taken out of hydro and into soil in a large pot with water reservoir in it. Anyhow, it was about 1.5m tall and 1.8m wide. I stripped it down, completely and replanted it. There was almost no leaves left. Slowly they have been coming out and new shoots came out where it was pruned and wildly stripped. On Wednesday it started showing a lot of new growth. On friday (4th) this new shoot came to life and just rocketed out. Well, I was astonished and had to measure it on saturday. 16cm!!!!! Two hours later I measured it to 16.5cm. Today 6 hours ago it measured staggering 18.5 cm from the node from the brach where the shoot came out to the node of the shoot. Now, it measured 19cm!! Foliage is crazy on this one now. Insane!!!!! It even has flower buds!!!!

1979717_10152312703461351_751255701_n_zpse01729da.jpg

10155668_10152312705086351_1048228900_n_zps7bbac994.jpg

The next morning and the new measurement is 20cm!!! So It grew 1cm during the night. 20cm since friday! Am I the only one thinking this is abnormal ? 

20140408_095327_zpsyjchodox.jpg

Hey Arctic, things are looking great, I can't wait to see how it looks out in the greenhouse. Will have to check in here periodically. What's the soil mix like?

Website looks stellar too, way to bring the heat to the wet and windy North :)

meatfreak said:

That's gonna be a one ugly tomato ;) Last year I didn't pinch of these kind of flowers but this year I will.

Boatshaped tomatoed..... Ill let it go for now :D 
miguelovic said:
Hey Arctic, nice growing in the frigid North :) Things look great, I can't wait to see how it looks out in the greenhouse. Will have to check in here periodically. What's the soil mix like?

the plants are doing great. Now they are in ecological approved soil with chicken manure, with 30% perlite and bat guano, worm casting, neamoil ferts, epsom salt and seaweed extracts. thanks...

There has been a large development on the plants, all 234 indoors (not including the once in the basement) are taking off!!!! Reaching the top of their shelves. Pictures???

Back