• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Are aphids the culprit

I was traveling this weekend and when I came home I found my plant to have brownish leaves. I keep it hydrated so I don't think that dehydration is the cause of it, so I lifted up the leaves and I found like 60 aphids under all of the leaves. I brushed most of them off and squished as many as I could, but the damage seemed to have been done already, is there any way to repair the leaves? Or is my plant basically dead. :/

1MzeDjj.jpg

sNgHbjC.jpg

DSBdFQI.jpg

Synastral said:

Almost all of the leaves ARE affected, there would be like no more leaves.

I see four that look like they took the brunt of the attack. You don't HAVE to remove any. The dead ones will fall off on their own. Looks like you still have plenty of healthy greenery on there. Just leave it be and it will heal itself once you treat for the aphids.

Synastral said:

Almost all of the leaves ARE affected, there would be like no more leaves.
thats o.k. it'll bush out like crazy !    :onfire:
96strat said:
Get this stuff called liquid ladybug V works every time. Want hurt plant ask moruga welder. It works on all bugs not just spider mites.
yep ! STRAT is absolutely correct , i use their products their awesome !     :onfire:

96strat said:
Get this stuff called liquid ladybug V works every time. Want hurt plant ask moruga welder. It works on all bugs not just spider mites.

but if it works on all bugs will it kill predators too?  be careful is all I'm saying

pepper_rancher said:
I use BT every week on certain special plants that Budworms love to destroy during flowering.
I can't complain though as compared to some of you growers I have it easy as far as pests are concerned.
I have no whiteflys, aphids, fungus gnats, etc. I am lucky.

Just a single application of BT so far this year has completely eliminated all caterpillars that were eating my kale.  Ill wait to see new caterpillars appear before re-applying, it works so quickly im not worried about the few leaves they can damage before I will completely massacre the next round.

pepper_rancher said:
Just a single application of BT so far this year has completely eliminated all caterpillars that were eating my kale.  Ill wait to see new caterpillars appear before re-applying, it works so quickly im not worried about the few leaves they can damage before I will completely massacre the next round.
That's awesome! The Budworms here are not that easy. Without weekly applications of BT they will decimate 30-40% or more of the harvest in my experience. 

Proud Marine Dad said:
I use BT every week on certain special plants that Budworms love to destroy during flowering.
I can't complain though as compared to some of you growers I have it easy as far as pests are concerned.
I have no whiteflys, aphids, fungus gnats, etc. I am lucky.
whats bt my friend ?    :onfire:

Back