• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

are you a spicy or reg mustard person?

As in?

Hand me the...

Stone Ground..
Yellow..
Chinese Brain Furnace..
French's..
Poop-on..
Awesome Yellow shit..
German Beer Brown..
Mussnard..

Hey! A couple of days ago I made some kick*ss "chinese" mustard...the kind you eat w/ that bbq pork appetizer-stuff. That stuff that blows your sinuses to kingdom come?!?!?! It rocked.....and was ridiculously simple!

Equal parts dry mustard to water(like, 3 TB)..whisk and add the tiniest skosh of oil (like 1/16 tsp), for consistency - cover and let sit for one hour. BOO-YAA! So easy to play with the flavors as you wish....but the 'base' is rockin'! :D

spicy mustard or regular mustard?

YES!

So here's another 'confession' about mustard (SuperKuk..what DID you start here???) hahahaha

I wanted to make an authentic "Creole Mustard"....which called for "brown mustard seeds"....which I procured for my mustard event.

Who Knew....that schtuff takes 4 weeks to "meld"?!?!?!?!?!?!!

sheesh...in 4 weeks, I'll have forgotten what I was making it for! :)

(but I'm doing it anyway - for Sh*ts & Giggles....)

So here's another 'confession' about mustard (SuperKuk..what DID you start here???) hahahaha

I wanted to make an authentic "Creole Mustard"....which called for "brown mustard seeds"....which I procured for my mustard event.

Who Knew....that schtuff takes 4 weeks to "meld"?!?!?!?!?!?!!

sheesh...in 4 weeks, I'll have forgotten what I was making it for! :)

(but I'm doing it anyway - for Sh*ts & Giggles....)

Frank Sinatra ai'nt hangin around fer no MudBugg Sauce.

mmmmmmmmmmmMustard.

Great topic!

CJ, put a Post-it on the stuff! start date, intended end result.....:lol:

I have a jar of fermenting green stuff out in the kitch that I can't remember when I started....not sure when to call it done.....:(

"Done. SL, c'mon. DONE.

DONE as Snookie in the Sun. Dunn

Dun as the sun went down. done.

ok. I'm DONE.

HAHAHAHHAA

HA

well, Scovie, I would call it DUN but I know it ain't been the minimum required 6 weeks. Think it's been about 3 weeks. but if I wait 4 weeks more, I know it's past the minimum and then I could just let 'er set~~~~~~~ until the Sunset...on the shortest day, and not in May,,,,,,
:cool:

SORRY! Back to Mustard....sounds like Chile Juju and I could have a coming out party about the same time! Her mustard, and my jalapeno fermented stuff.....!

You lost me at Coming out party...

What the Hael are me and SalsaDude s'posed to do during THAT?

HOLLAH!!!!!!

yellow w/ Pure Evil. there. I said it...

Back