• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

As if I don't already have enough plants.

I got bored and after seeing a picture of the Black Pearl Pepper, I ordered more seeds. LOL
Hope these work. If not, I'm sorry.

Ornamental Pepper Shu
4000.jpg

Ornamental Pepper Variegated
3997.jpg

Ornamental Pepper Explosive Ember
3987.jpg

Ornamental Pepper Black Pearl
3953.jpg

I did the rainbow mix to Poisonette...problem is, how do you know which seed produces which color of bell peppers?.... :lol:

I've got 20 good seedlings now that are ready for transplant...

should be fun for a "guess which color I am" plant

Poisonette,

My wife saw the Black Pearl plant in a landscape magazine and bought it for me. I'm hoping it turns out well because it is supposed to be a very ornamental plant.

Mike

AlabamaJack said:
I did the rainbow mix to Poisonette...problem is, how do you know which seed produces which color of bell peppers?.... :lol:

I've got 20 good seedlings now that are ready for transplant...

should be fun for a "guess which color I am" plant

That's the fun of it. :)

wordwiz said:
Poisonette,

My wife saw the Black Pearl plant in a landscape magazine and bought it for me. I'm hoping it turns out well because it is supposed to be a very ornamental plant.

Mike

I love the plants with the dark purple leaves. Hope yours turns out good too.

My Mum loves Bell Peppers. As for the colour of them as AJ said (being serious) it's like buying a pack of mixed coloured Cayennes/Habs surely, they could all end up red :?: (Mum's not talking to me tonight, bit of an argument :cry:) I'll talk to the peppers I'm growing for her instead :(

rainbowberry said:
My Mum loves Bell Peppers. As for the colour of them as AJ said (being serious) it's like buying a pack of mixed coloured Cayennes/Habs surely, they could all end up red :?: (Mum's not talking to me tonight, bit of an argument :cry:) I'll talk to the peppers I'm growing for her instead :(

Aww... I'm sorry you & your Mum are having an argument. Hope it blows over soon.

Luckily with some companies, they give you an even mix of seeds. One pack I had of a "Five Alarm Mix" guarenteed 20% of each of 5 varieties. I forget what they were now and there's only one surviving from what I planted last year. My fault the rest died.
This pack should be the same way.

Nice! I picked up a Black Pearl at Home Depot, I think, thinking it just looked pretty. I didn't know it was a pepper plant!!

I wonder if they're edible? I thought they were just inedible berries.

Those look like some tasty looking peppers. I love bell peppers on a good salad. Especially the orange ones.

elequin said:
Nice! I picked up a Black Pearl at Home Depot, I think, thinking it just looked pretty. I didn't know it was a pepper plant!!

I wonder if they're edible? I thought they were just inedible berries.

I have eaten a few of them and they are ok and not all that hot but look like no other pepper .
I sold 12 of them to a goth couple getting married this year for there wedding decor .

Ornamental peppers are edible, but some of them don't taste too well. If you buy plants of ornamental peppers, don't eat any of the peppers that are already on the plant, you never know what it was sprayed with and as they grow and sell it as an ornamental plant, that may be anything!!!!

smilie_krank_067.gif

I know nothing about Bell Peppers and just always assumed that they all ended up red, even the yellow and orange ones :doh:

Poisonette said:
Aww... I'm sorry you & your Mum are having an argument. Hope it blows over soon.
I went to see her with a big cuddle. Tiredness is often the cause of so many arguments, I beleive once in a blue moon they're useful though. *must learn not to be so stubborn but she was in the wrong though ;)*

Back