• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Ate a Bhut today...

Today at lunch(3:45) I ate half a Bhut... I cut in half length wise so I could share it with a friend. It is now 8:45 and I just stopped hurting about an hour ago.

At first, I was surprised at the flavor. I had time to say, "This thing tastes pretty good. No heat tho, must have been a dud." A few seconds after that, my mouth, throat and stomach all started burning at the same time. When it first hit, I could handle the heat. Then it started getting hotter and hotter. Finally, it platoued... or so I thought... It kept getting hotter until I was stuffing my face with any food or beverage that I could get my hands on.

I sent my GF a text and she started laughing at me. I told her that I thought my guts were melting and all she had to say was, "serves you right".

About an hour after I had eaten it, the burning had gone, but it felt like someone had punched me in the gut.

It was over 100* today and after I ate it, my glases fogged up.

All and all, I was impressed with this chili. I honestly didn't know what to expect when I bit into it. The flavor has to be one of the best I have tasted, but the heat... Oh, the heat... I knew it would be hot but, damn... That thing was hot! I can honestly say it is a 10 out of 10 on my heat range.

BTW, my buddy almost died. He can handle some hot stuff, but his face was bright red and he couldn't talk.

I think I will have another tomorrow.

nice!!! yeah they let you tast the flavour for a few seconds then get really hot. Next you will have to try a 7 pot or scorpion. R.I.P

Ratman,

Ahhhhhh.The flavor of Bhuts/Naga is one thing that made me fall in love with them forever.

Start  morsel by morsel and you would be in big league sooner before you can say "BHUTTTTTTTTTTTT"

Madhatter, you send me a pod or some seeds for next year and I will try one.

NJA, forget morsel by morsel. I am all or nothing type of person. August 14th, my friend, myself and two other people are eat whole pods for a promotional event for a local restaurant. It will be following the basic rules: 1 whole pod, chew for 10 seconds, swallow and see who can go the longest without anything to kill the heat. It should be fun.

Armadillo, forget careful. Jump in with both feet. Just make sure you have lots of milk and starchy food for when the heat hits hard.

Yup, they sure do have that 'creeper' quality to 'em, don't they? :lol:

Chomped down on my first dried one the other night and DAMN, took a minute or more for the thing to kick in but when it did.... stone the bloody crows! I swear even my teeth were burning.

I've got some dried Scorps here too (props to Hippy Neil -- aka Legend -- for sending 'em) that I've yet to try. Crapping my pants just thinking about 'em! :lol:

Sounds great! Glad you have someone to share the experience with. After my first go around with the Naga Morich people at work just laugh when I ask them if they want any! Had the same experience though...great taste...no heat...wow really great taste...holy crap it just got HOT! :mouthonfire:

Armadillo, forget careful. Jump in with both feet. Just make sure you have lots of milk and starchy food for when the heat hits hard.

Try carrying a couple sugar packets like diners have for coffee. I dump 1 or 2 in my mouth, swish around then spit ... or swallow if you want. I have found when breathing gets hard the sugar kills the heat quicker then starchy foods. This may just be my imagination by try it.

Back