• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Aus newbie q's

I still think the Dorsets my fav pod, the plant doesn't seem to produce large number of pods but there tasty enough to make up for that negative. I'm thinking I'll plant a few more dorsets next year.

If I told you what I ended up doing with the Bih's Jolokia_jas I think I might be banned from this forum :) I don't like the taste of the Bih's anymore for whatever reason.

I'm still picking more pods that what I can use at this point. Maybe I should pull out the dehydrator this week.

Still getting some fruit off the plants

100_7051.jpg

It's going to be a sauce making weekend for sure :)

I haven't watered the plants for a good 2-3 weeks so most of them look a bit dead lol But gave emm a water this morn and we will see what happens.

You just keep on going Timmy, must have a lot of sauce stashed away. Your pods look much better than mine do. I haven't watered for over 2 months, we've been getting plenty of rain for a change.

Have a tonne of small pods I haven't picked. Bit strange, I recon I have some pods on the plants that would be 2months old or more just sitting patiently waiting for me to be bothered picking them.

All plants have aphids so I just haven't looked after them.

I still have more chocs to pick, they should be ready by next week :)

lol I know I've said this before but here goes

Last pods for the year ;) nearly haha

chocccc001.jpg

Only a few there but thats cool. I didn't have many chocs left in the freezer so this should help me out :)

your last pods of the season are about the same number that I harvested my hole last season.

Great harvest :)

Bleash

Hope this seasons going better for you :)

My first season was nearly a non event with most of my superhot varieties not producing anything.

I planted some Dorsets, choc bhuts and douglah's last week and have then sitting above my fish tank which is 24c so hopefully they sprout :)The weather here is basically as cold as it gets for us in Aus with lows of a few degrees above on the coldest nights. Won't be long and I'll have to start bludging some plants off hippy lol

Dorset setting new pods, yeah in winter lol I'm guessing they will be small

endandnew006.jpg

And the fatali

endandnew010.jpg

The choc is also producing new buds but its been attacked by aphids so I'll have to give all the plants a good spray soon

I'll be starting mine this weekend Aszental, best of luck to you.

@Timmy.... I have a heap of pods ready for picking but they don't look half as good as yours, good going for a winter harvest.

Hope you both have a great start to the season.

I have some trays already going but I'm intending on giving a lot of the seedlings away to friends.

I'll have to hit Neil up for some NagaBonn seedlings as there a great pepper.

@Jimmy the rest of my pods are thin walled and a bit off in color so nothing special thats for sure.

LOL Bih's just won't stop
winter001.jpg

And these little fella's sprouted outside with lows of a few c and in the last week lots of ice in the mornings hehehehe. It took a very long time but they made it

winter002.jpg

To be honest I've had zero experience up till now, I've always bought my seedlings off a mate.

So far I've just used coc peat bricks but I wouldn't have a clue if thats a good option lol

Timmmy that pic of your Bih is just amaizing!
What an awesome producer you got there.

Plz post a close up on that monster.
How old is that plant?

Bleash

lol @ Bleash. The plant is on its second year already and I guess I'll let it grow through this upcoming season too. Yes it produces 1000's of pods lol I'll see what I can do for pics but it's winter here now so the plants been hit by frost many times in the last few weeks.

For now heres a nice pic taked back in lat Jan this year.

bthpreq.jpg

and the fav pic of it loaded

biiihhhhh.jpg

Back