• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Aus newbie q's

Scorp on its final run for the season

lastrun2010005.jpg

The picture makes it look small, its actually one of the biggest plants I have going now. I'll be growing more next year, they have a great heat level for my sauces.

Next year I think I'll grow the scorps, hippy's Naga bonnet, choc bhut, fatalii and then I'm not sure on the rest. Niels vid of his Naga Bon doesn't do the plant justice, it was a shame that he had the same bug problem leading up to the test so he ended up with only one small pod for the vid. The pods that were on his plant before that were massive so I can see them being great for sauces.

The fat fatalii is starting to ripen so I'll have some seeds soon and I'm thinking of dehydrating the last run of peppers.

lastrun2010003.jpg

Yeah I have a sauce with the TS already

tssaucetimmmy001.jpg

Pear based with tonnes of garlic, some ginger, fish sauce, pepper and the scorps.
:onfire:

Pretty hot, I've burn't a few work mates, family and friends already with this one.

The orange looking sauce has lots of garlic shunks floating around in it and the other one is my mustard sauce which has a large amount of mustard seeds in it. I remove seeds from the pods now when making sauces as I don't like the feel of them in a sauce even after cooking it till they soften.

This weeks pickings :) Thought I would have more but the scorps full of bugs :(

12apr10003.jpg

For a bit of fun I had a go at cloning on the weekend. Some fatalii's, Dorsets , choc bhuts and when I get rid of the freakin bugs I'll do a heep of Scorps.

12apr10001.jpg

FREE TO A GOOD HOME :)

free.jpg

My old jolokia plant has a good number of pods on it. Any locals that are keen on some pods and even the plant can pm me.

I'm a bit over the jolokia taste, the plants produce tonnes of pods with a massive amount of heat but they seem to fall pretty short on the taste side.

lol

I didn't even pick the last run of pods. I guess I should pick emm and powder them up but I already have a butt load of dried jolokia's already

If only I had the same prob with fatalii's lol

hahhahaha sorry couldn't get past the butt load of dried jolokia without thinking PAIN!! well if you have had enough, you've had enough i guess. if you don'tlike something its a waste of time harvesting more of it.

Nearly wanted to give up all the plants at about 3:30am the other day when I woke up with a extremely painful burning eye. I had chopped up scorp's that night and got some in my eye. Thinking that it was okay at about 10pm I was wrong. Ended up in the shower with my face looking rather puffed up.

Damn peppers lol

Timmmy newbie said:
Nearly wanted to give up all the plants at about 3:30am the other day when I woke up with a extremely painful burning eye. I had chopped up scorp's that night and got some in my eye. Thinking that it was okay at about 10pm I was wrong. Ended up in the shower with my face looking rather puffed up.

Damn peppers lol

I was burning for a whole day 2 weeks ago when I powdered my dried fatalis. Shower just made it worse. You'll do it again.....

lol I'm sure I will

I've scratched myself way too many times now lol but this was bad. And being the smart man I am I kept rubbing my eye then lol ouch back to the shower

booooo my grow log was 8 pages back lol That must mean it's the end of my season soon.

lalasthawlfor2010.jpg

Just picked these in the dark and its not even 6pm

My dorsets finished for the year and the fatalii's have only a dozen or so pods on them. The choc bhuts finishing the year with a good number of okay sized pods. And the scorp's are covered with aphids and have lots of rather small pods on them. So the seasons nearly done, I guess I should save a few seeds while I have some pods :)

The end is fast approaching here too Timmy, I hope you have less problems next year. Looks like you're at least getting some decent Yellow7s.

I'm happy with the season, at the mo my plants are covered with aphids so I now appreciate how bad things can go lol

For next season I'm planning on getting some worm farms. Every time I go to hippy's place I'm left feeling rather inadequate. His pods are twice the size of mine :) lol He's got a few choc bhuts pods ripening that are a good 100mm+

I still have a good number of pods on the plants along with a good bunch of bih's as always.

Man I've been burning every which way for the last month or so....Guess I'll never learn :crazy:
Timmmy newbie said:
lol I'm sure I will
I've scratched myself way too many times now lol but this was bad. And being the smart man I am I kept rubbing my eye then lol ouch back to the shower

Back