• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Baby Pictures and Other Stuff

Something I noticed today. See how the baby sits right on mom's shoulder? Ain't that sweet.

IMG_4333cre.jpg

Some of the younger crowd. These are all over the place. I am experiencing a lot of dropped flowers though. Checking the CPI web site I guess it's a common thing for the B. jolokia.

IMG_4338cre.jpg

Almost there. Looking hot too!!

IMG_4339re.jpg

You have to keep your eyes open, these guys can be sneaky.

IMG_4337re.jpg

Thanks!

Yep, they're inside but I just brought them in last weekend. I'm hoping to keep them alive through the winter. I'm new at this so I hope I'm not spinning my wheels. I've also brought in a Red Savina and a Trinidad Scorpion.

Very weak taste of fertilizer once a week, some florescent grow lights, epsom salt shower once a month and crossed fingers is the plan.

The twins? Yeah, it's kind of cool what you can find when you start taking pictures.

What kind of light do you hope to get them? Natural or artificial? How much?

patrick said:
Thanks!

Yep, they're inside but I just brought them in last weekend. I'm hoping to keep them alive through the winter. I'm new at this so I hope I'm not spinning my wheels. I've also brought in a Red Savina and a Trinidad Scorpion.

Very weak taste of fertilizer once a week, some florescent grow lights, epsom salt shower once a month and crossed fingers is the plan.

The twins? Yeah, it's kind of cool what you can find when you start taking pictures.

Your pods look good. So do the flowers. I too am experiencing alot of dropped flowers, but they grow back just as fast. I went from zero buds to hundreds in a matter of weeks.

And thanks for reminding me about the shower. I haven't misted the plants in ages. I usually apply the epsom salts that way as a foliar feeding. A trick i learned from my pot growing days.

skealo said:
What kind of light do you hope to get them? Natural or artificial? How much?

The plan is to get them in front of a south facing window and maybe supplement that with some florescent grow lights. It would be so cool if I could keep these two plants producing all winter.

patrick said:
The plan is to get them in front of a south facing window and maybe supplement that with some florescent grow lights. It would be so cool if I could keep these two plants producing all winter.

Sounds good. Unfortunately, I don't have a south facing window...

I'm debating over what options I might have.

Thanks

You can set up a more or less simple lighting system. See the thread linked in my signature for mine. Works okay.

Back