• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Baccatum and Pubescens question

This is a follow up post to an earlier question I asked about start times for super hots. I have figured out that here in Kentucky, I should start my Chinense anywhere from Jan. 1st through Feb 1st(roughly). I have also figured out the best times for me to start Annums would be around March 1st, for a May first, transplant to garden date. That brings me to my question. I have 4 Baccatum varieties and 17 Pubescens varieties( Manzano) and have no idea when to start germinating them. I would like to have them 6-8 inches by May 1st. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I'd start Pubescens around the same time as your chinenses(now), and the baccatums around the same time as your annuums

If I am not mistaken, it means to cut off the growing tip of the plant, so that growth slows down while new growing tips form from the leaf axils (where leaves meet stem). Also you can tip if you just want a bushier plant.

Or if you want good service.
I think topping is the correct term, but I also think Nova might have been just drunk typing again:)

Back