• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Back in the game

Howdy all.

Been a couple years since I posted. I've been "between places" and havent been able to grow.

Before that the best I could do was a container garden on my deck.

Finally, I have a single family home with a yard and I plan to get back to it with a real garden this time.

Sadly, what seeds I had a few years ago didnt make the transition and I have zero stock.

Can anyone give me some direction on what sources are good?

I want to grow a few varieties of super hots.

Previously I had some success with Caribbean Red Habs and Naga Morich.

I'd like to have another go at those and add a couple more varieties as well.

I like to experiement with making hot sauces, so I like varieties that have a lot of flavour as well as heat :)

Any info would be great. Also wouldnt hurt to point out any gotchas I might run into since this will be my first time growing in the ground instead of containers :)

Cheers,

Chris

Good seed sources: Pepperlovers, Pepper Joe, Aji Joe, The Hippy Seed Company

Types of Chili's: Fatalii Yellow, Black Naga, Rocoto, Hatch, Scotch Bonnet, Long Chocolate Habanero (to name a few that I really like the flavor of)

Gotcha's: Start plants early, AACT's help plants fight virus and bad bugs, look into possible companion plants to plant with or around them, don't overwater

You could also get your soil tested, it isn't hard and a basic test costs around 25 bucks.

Check out the "Glogs" section, there are tons of them that will give you an idea of what to expect and what they did to fix certain problems.

Back