• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Back Yard Tour 06-09-08

AlabamaJack

eXtreme
Took some photos this afternoon...finally got a break from the heat...had a small rain shower and it cooled it down to 71F so I decided to take you on a tour of the back yard...

looking right out my back door..

33.jpg

looking left out my back door

38.jpg

looking back south at the patio (where the back door is)

37.jpg

looking down beside the house to the south at the cement farm..

36.jpg

Four More Pics Coming..

looking at patio from the west

35.jpg

Closeup of Aji Amarillo (4' tall)

17.jpg

west to east view of back yard

34.jpg

some small cherry like tomatoes in the cement farm...these are really good..

27.jpg

It's not just me, your back yard is on a hill...right...?

Everything looks amazing!!! Must be a pain in the but to mow with all those pots eh?

imaguitargod said:

Everything looks amazing!!! Must be a pain in the but to mow with all those pots eh?

A ride-on mower???

Must take you all of... 2 minutes?:lol:

More Pictures

gardenkiller said:
Hey AJ looking good man, how's that nutrient/fert mixer bucket/tub/barrel thing workin for ya?

It works really well except it is not big enough...when ever I feed the plants (every 2 weeks) it takes 140 gallons. I like the gravity feed system cause it is pretty slow and I am not in a hurry when I am with my babies...

imaguitargod said:

don't know what happened to my post about the riding lawn mower and edging...

ring sting said:
A ride-on mower???

Must take you all of... 2 minutes?

you are right RS...doesn't take long to mow but it takes about 2 hours to edge around everything...

More photos coming...I know you guys are getting tired of me posting all these photos...

McIlhaney Tabasco

12.jpg

Criolla Sella

14.jpg

Jamaican Hot Yellow

15.jpg

Surprize from Beth at Peppermania...looks like a limon of some kind...

18.jpg

More Surprizes from Beth at Peppermania..

19.jpg

Grif 1404 Hab

20.jpg

Venezualan Sweet Hab

21.jpg

Yellow Congo (Thanks Trini)

22.jpg

Cherry Top (Thanks Trini)

23.jpg

Bolivian Hairy

24.jpg

Aji Limon (Chinense)

25.jpg

Jamaican Hot Chocolate (don't know why the leaves are distorted, plant seems to be doing well)

28.jpg

Once again all I can say is Wow! You put some much effort and time into your passion and it reflects it and looks amazing! Your plants look truly magnificent and very happy!

BTW, what do your friends think when they see your yard? :)

It will take you longer with a Weed-eater than with the Mower ! ! !..... Spread those plants way out. I guess you are expecting them to grow really Big.

Pepp3rFreak said:
Once again all I can say is Wow! You put some much effort and time into your passion and it reflects it and looks amazing! Your plants look truly magnificent and very happy!

BTW, what do your friends think when they see your yard? :)

You are right PF...Peppers have become my passion...and all my friends do when they see the back yard is just stare in amazement...

slyone1000 said:
It will take you longer with a Weed-eater than with the Mower ! ! !..... Spread those plants way out. I guess you are expecting them to grow really Big.

right on the weed eating part sly...I am trying to keep 18" between the bottoms of the pots...when I had the pots right next to each other, the aphid infestation I had was really hard to control, but since they are separated, they can't just crawl from pot to pot and now I am just spot treating...

Very nice peppers and patio AJ :) It must be blazingly hot from now on over there... How do you irrigate your pots?
Best wishes
Margarida

Looking good AJ. Funny you mention spacing the plants for aphids. When I have lots of ladybugs(and/or larvae) I like to have plants touching each other so they can travel easily between plants

POTAWIE said:
Looking good AJ. Funny you mention spacing the plants for aphids. When I have lots of ladybugs(and/or larvae) I like to have plants touching each other so they can travel easily between plants

Right you are Potawie...I am planning on getting some more lady bugs...probably 15K or so and turning them loose on plants spaced out...

do you remember what it was that people spray on the lady bugs to keep them from flying? was it coke or a soda syrum that is used to "glue" the wings down to keep them from flying away?...if you know anything about this procedure, please enlighten me...do I just spray it on them in the container before setting them loose?

POTAWIE said:
I remember about spraying coke. Ok here's a link that says to mix coke and water 50/50 and spray right in the bag
http://www.naturescontrol.com/ladybugs.html

thanks Potawie...just what the doctor ordered...I figure now that I have the aphids somewhat under control and have only used safer soap for the past 2 weeks, it is time for the lady bug release...

more pics more pic if I could clean my yard up I would submit some too but yours llok really good so I just watch yours llooll

Back