food Badass Braised Baby-Back Ribs

patrick said:
Awesome!

I finally got around to making mine last night. Kept it simple
When we finished wheezing the sauce off of our fingers we couldn't even find the bones.

Hope you don't mind me tagging along on your thread Txclosetgrower.

That looks awesome. Never had them in a slow cooker, that's a great idea though. Hope everyone else posts pics of theirs too

I always cook them in the crock pot. Kind of like par boiling them only it takes a bit longer. These did three hours on high then broiled the sauce on. You didn't need teeth to eat them when I was finished.

I leave them connected and lean them against the side of the crock pot so they're not being boiled in the liquid.

When it isn't so freaking cold out I'll finish them on the grill, add that smoke flavor. Oh man I'm drooling again.

I really hope this isn't a "Before and After" thing.
roflmfao.gif

3104708159_fdff685a58_b.jpg

IMG_3521re.jpg

Txclosetgrower said:
Pull the ribs out after 2.5 hours and check. If you can turn the bone inside the meat they're done. Should be falling off bone tender.
Fallin' off the bone is cooked too long. It means the meat has separated from the bone which allows the meat to dry out. They look good though.

thehotpepper.com said:
Fallin' off the bone is cooked too long. It means the meat has separated from the bone which allows the meat to dry out. They look good though.

If they're braised the meat doesn't dry out one bit. Braising = cooking with liquid.

If they fall off the bone it means that all the collagen has rendered to gelatin. When heated in the presence of liquid for a long enough time, collagen (connective tissuse) becomes gelatin. Same principal behind making pulled pork. :cool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelatin

1st paragraph

Oh yeah that makes sense for braising.

Kinda like how pot roast falls apart. Bet they were good.

Back