• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Baked Chocolate Habanero with soft heart

Good appetizer also for not nuclear heat addicted.

Take 8 Habanero Chocolate,  engrave them on the side of the stalk, just below the cup so as to extract together with this part the majority of the placenta and the seeds. This concludes this first part by removing with a knife the rest of the seeds and placenta stuck in the folds, all being very careful not to puncture elsewhere in the chili.

At this point put on the fire a pot with red wine vinegar (which takes more spiciness) and wine in proportion 75% and 30%, respectively, enough to cover all the peppers. Once the mixture will stand boiling and only then, we will blanch our Habanero for 10 minutes and then remove them and let them drain on towels paper.

NB: the vinegar spicy, look at how to handle it ... ditto the vapors that are by definition volatile, and may irritate eyes and mucous membranes of the nose or mouth.

Now we prepare the filling, which consists of the 50% and 50% of Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs, adding to the pleasure of a variable number of black olives chopped by hand and thrown into this batter. With this in hand we go to fill the peppers emptied, now thanks to the boil will be much more docile in terms of capacity and folds.

Once filled and placed in a baking dish put them in a convection oven preheated to 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes , if they were to darken too much or risk of burn can be covered with the foil to finish cooking without drying them too .

And so be it!

23820104646_ed860ca26d_o.jpg

Interesting recipe. I quite often make poppers out of scotch bonnets and red carib habs but I've never tried them with a brown pod, I'll have to give it a go next season.

Never thought to blanch them in vinegar either. Cool idea!

What kind of wine does it matter, I'm thinking probably a red wine.. or is it just red wine vinegar ? 

Sounds good either way. maybe a little mushroom added in there too. 

AaronB said:
Interesting recipe. I quite often make poppers out of scotch bonnets and red carib habs but I've never tried them with a brown pod, I'll have to give it a go next season.

Never thought to blanch them in vinegar either. Cool idea!

;) ;) ;)

Needle99 said:
Thanks for sharing the recipe.....
Another added the the todo list.

Happy to hear this! :party: :party: :party:

D3monic said:
What kind of wine does it matter, I'm thinking probably a red wine.. or is it just red wine vinegar ? 

Sounds good either way. maybe a little mushroom added in there too. 

You can use red wine vinegar mixed to water or onnly cider vinegar (which is less strong). :cheers:

Back