• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Bakers peppers identification

Ordered a box of mixed peppers from bakerspeppers and they finally came. (after about 5 days, so much for 2 day shipping.) 

And i opened the box.. and i have no clue what ones i got.  can You guys help me identify them? He hooked me up too i expected only like 20-30 and i got 48 PEPPERS. 

6boQA0L.jpg

e7I3bWG.jpg

dTlkPoP.jpg

3CQVDdV.jpg

Pe9zHaH.jpg

zsWBilt.jpg

Ccwxxhg.jpg

i sorted them all by what i think are the same kind, but if there are different types of peppers in one picture let me know. thanks <3 

I just found another maggot in a pepper. Granted it looked like it wasn't in decent quality but the fact that there was a live maggot/worm thing in another pepper is just disgusting. On the plus side I cut open a chocolate pepper (i don't know which one since he didn't identify them) and it was fiery hot when i bit into it.

I'd make sure to destroy the peppers with maggots in them.
Unless you want them in every garden around you next year.

Toss the pods in the freezer for a while to kill larva etc. before tossing in the trash.
Don't let the maggots live to spread around...

Check with the health dept. The person is selling a food item for human consumption that is obviously spoiled. I'll bet there are laws regarding that for the US. 

Here's what I just found on his web site.....

Please read our "TERMS & CONDITIONS" page carefully, as you will be required to "check off" that you have done so in order to complete a purchase from us. We just want everyone to know the risks and such involved with purchasing "Fresh Produce" from an online supplier. We are a produce grower. We grow, harvest, & ship FRESH PEPPERS. Its just like buying produce from the market or grocery store. There may be a soft spot or something like that on a pepper, and thats just part of it. Simply wash the pepper and remove the bad spot before use just like you would ANY OTHER  fresh produce you may purchase in traditional markets/grocery stores. Remember, this is produce being shipped in a box all over the country, and sometimes one or two peppers is lost to rot or what not, this happens SOMETIMES. If your not comfortable with that slight risk PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE FRESH PEPPERS FROM US!

Guess he covered himself somewhat. What he posted above would be a red flag if you are a consumer.

It's been about 3 days since i got them, and most of them are completely spoiled and rotten. I expected them to last at least a week, but i guess that's too much to ask for. Dale also hasn't responded to my email.

It's been about 3 days since i got them, and most of them are completely spoiled and rotten. I expected them to last at least a week, but i guess that's too much to ask for. Dale also hasn't responded to my email.

Sorry mate, you're best letting it go so your don't go crazy. Trying to get in touch with him is Damn near impossible from what I've read, and getting a refund or remedy to the situation is even harder. Not to mention the attitude you would get in his reposnse.

That said, as has been mentioned, stick around and you'll eventually learn who you can get the best possible product from--both vendors and regular members alike.

Welcome to THP!

Loan or no loan,I think you are probably a product tester for his new version of chile fries. LOL
They come with the meat of his choice - mystery meat or organic grubs.

Better than chocolate covered crickets or roasted hot meal worms. MMM MMM good!

How do you expect him to pay off a loan or deal with a few customer complaints?

He is too busy counting and spending your $ and going to the bank...not to mention deleting negative posts on the net.

Someone still has to pack up product and ship it out...not to mention grow plants...
No time to deal with the small stuff...

Consider yourself lucky he doesn't sue you for letting out his trade secret,pepper ingredient in his products, pepper maggots.

On the serious side-

I'm REALLY astounded,NOBODY is concerned about pepper grubs growing to reproduce from tossed out pods isn't a concern.
Here in Ca. they toss EVERYTHING you bring in out that is from another state that wasn't inspected.

I know Chris/CMPMAN has been having BIG TIME problems for a couple years with maggots in his pods.
He looses a lot of his crop each year.
Nematodes seems to have helped out a little BUT he still has grubs.
There is probably a source in the area he lives that continues the chain of reproduction.
Hard to say.
HE DOESN"T SEND INFESTED PODS TO ANYONE!
Anything he sent me is in EXCLNT condition.
I've gotten GIFTS from Chris for years.

Here in Ca. it IS a real BIG problem a LOT of times.
I'd bet that knowingly shipping infested pods is easily illegal.
There is no way he didn't know he has a maggot problem.

organic pepper said:
Check with the health dept. The person is selling a food item for human consumption that is obviously spoiled. I'll bet there are laws regarding that for the US. 

Here's what I just found on his web site.....

Please read our "TERMS & CONDITIONS" page carefully, as you will be required to "check off" that you have done so in order to complete a purchase from us. We just want everyone to know the risks and such involved with purchasing "Fresh Produce" from an online supplier. We are a produce grower. We grow, harvest, & ship FRESH PEPPERS. Its just like buying produce from the market or grocery store. There may be a soft spot or something like that on a pepper, and thats just part of it. Simply wash the pepper and remove the bad spot before use just like you would ANY OTHER  fresh produce you may purchase in traditional markets/grocery stores. Remember, this is produce being shipped in a box all over the country, and sometimes one or two peppers is lost to rot or what not, this happens SOMETIMES. If your not comfortable with that slight risk PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE FRESH PEPPERS FROM US!

Guess he covered himself somewhat. What he posted above would be a red flag if you are a consumer.
Well, he may have covered it, but it was done with poor spelling, grammer, punctuation and incorrect contractions. He should hire someone who passed gammer school English to proof read before posting on his website. Heck, legal cases are lost do to a missing comma in a contract.

Orekoc said:
Well he may have covered it, but it was done with poor spelling, grammer grammar, punctuation, and incorrect contractions. He should hire someone who passed gammer grammar school English to proof read before posting on his website. Heck, legal cases are lost do to a missing comma in a contract.

Totally agree with you. Just thought I'd be a jackass :party:

filmost said:

Totally agree with you. Just thought I'd be a jackass :party:
Well, spelling and grammar are my weak points. I freely admit that. Comes from changing schools in grade school too many times. Thing is, I know that. I'd have someone who knew what they were doing edit and proof my commercial website before going live. Oh, and I'm smart enough to know that editing and proofing are two completely different skills. I once had a boss who was an excellent proof reader and her husband was an excellent editor. I think they both missed their callings by being librarians, although they were both extremely good librarians as well.  Now to turn on spell checking, to at least get that right!

Orekoc said:
Well, spelling and grammar are my weak points. I freely admit that. Comes from changing schools in grade school too many times. Thing is, I know that. I'd have someone who knew what they were doing edit and proof my commercial website before going live. Oh, and I'm smart enough to know that editing and proofing are two completely different skills. I once had a boss who was an excellent proof reader and her husband was an excellent editor. I think they both missed their callings by being librarians, although they were both extremely good librarians as well.  Now to turn on spell checking, to at least get that right!

:-) I was just teasing ya. I think it's often very easy to let go of our grammar while online and I am just as guilty as any. You are right about Baker's though!

Robisburning said:
Awesome!  Was that a test?
Yes, of the emergency broadcast system.

I believe that Baker (or maybe Pepper Joe, or both. The come across as the same kinda crazy to me, so I have a hard time remember what idiocy which one has done.), in the past, has threatened legal action against customers, critics, passerbys, or what not. Seems to me if he is serious, he should take a wee bit more care in writing the terms of the sale.

filmost said:

:-) I was just teasing ya. I think it's often very easy to let go of our grammar while online and I am just as guilty as any. You are right about Baker's though!
Hey, no problem. It was a valid point. I miss quite a bit of humor, so take it in stride? I'm not offended easily, but do tend to explain.

Back