• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Bakers peppers identification

Ordered a box of mixed peppers from bakerspeppers and they finally came. (after about 5 days, so much for 2 day shipping.) 

And i opened the box.. and i have no clue what ones i got.  can You guys help me identify them? He hooked me up too i expected only like 20-30 and i got 48 PEPPERS. 

6boQA0L.jpg

e7I3bWG.jpg

dTlkPoP.jpg

3CQVDdV.jpg

Pe9zHaH.jpg

zsWBilt.jpg

Ccwxxhg.jpg

i sorted them all by what i think are the same kind, but if there are different types of peppers in one picture let me know. thanks <3 

Hey guys I have a couple of mirrors I want to sell. If they arrive broken just throw away the smaller pieces and use the large piece like any other mirror!!! I mean we ship mirrors all around the country and this happens and what not!!!!

The Hot Pepper said:
Hey guys I have a couple of mirrors I want to sell. If they arrive broken just throw away the smaller pieces and use the large piece like any other mirror!!! I mean we ship mirrors all around the country and this happens and what not!!!!
My dog is starring at me, I laughed so hard.

Thanks, I needed that.

obviously those peppers are hard to ID due to deformed pod shapes....  a lot of his peppers nowadays are contorted and doesnt resemble the pod its suppose to.

as for the freshness... seems like those pods have been sitting somewhere in a corner and he needed to get rid of them.... no pod should look like that.. ive had several sent to me.. put them in the fridge and couple weeks later.. still in good shape.. anyways  sad to see its still going on...

PM me your addy.. i dont have fresh .. but can send you dried....

Man I wish I had read this a few days ago.  I had a late season batch of reapers, bhuts, red savina, and 7 Pot Bubblegum (and a few red brains) that I had picked about a week ago and on Monday deseeded and put into the freezer.  My freezer is full of the peppers and I could have sent you some while they were ripe, but alas no luck.  For some reason my plants really started going crazy in October and just kept producing and producing.  Pretty sure the last bit of cold that hit us has finished off these plants on production for now if it didn't outright kill them, but if I see anything when I get home or in the next few weeks I'll keep you in mind.

EliteMcScruffin said:
Man I wish I had read this a few days ago.  I had a late season batch of reapers, bhuts, red savina, and 7 Pot Bubblegum (and a few red brains) that I had picked about a week ago and on Monday deseeded and put into the freezer.  My freezer is full of the peppers and I could have sent you some while they were ripe, but alas no luck.  For some reason my plants really started going crazy in October and just kept producing and producing.  Pretty sure the last bit of cold that hit us has finished off these plants on production for now if it didn't outright kill them, but if I see anything when I get home or in the next few weeks I'll keep you in mind.
Aw, thank you :)

It sucks living in new jersey. I wish i could start growing plants right now so i didn't have to buy them
It's a good thing i have my carolina reaper powder, or else i'd have no heat at all to add to my food! :D

Synastral said:

It sucks living in new jersey. I wish i could start growing plants right now so i didn't have to buy them

You should really think of starting them now. They take a long time to start producing. Jan is a good time to start the superhots if you want to plant them in May.

Synastral said:
Aw, thank you :)

It's a good thing i have my carolina reaper powder, or else i'd have no heat at all to add to my food! :D

Wait ... CCN is in NJ, I think? ...

grantmichaels said:
Cross Country Nurseries or similar ... you're likely within driving distance of plants, pods, and seeds ...

CCN is about an hour away. Do you think they'd be selling peppers this time of year? I've searched multiple groceries stores and farmers markets and all of them have no peppers anymore. Not even jalapenos and habaneros. 

Edit: yeah I figured. The nursery is closed for the season. :(

I'm placing an order on pepperlover.com. any recommendations? I got carolina reaper seeds, brain strains, and bhut jolokias, but i haven't checked out yet. I'd only like to spend around 11-13 bucks. 

Back