vendor Baker's Peppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize Dale is a member here, but I still wanted to provide a review of a recent purchase I made from him. I was nervous about ordering live plants, but Baker's Peppers delivered a great product! I thought I'd start a review of Baker''s Peppers to provide other members with some reassurance about ordering live plants.

I purchased four live plants (two TS Morugas and two Butch Ts). All four arrived healthy and I even received some free seeds as well (7 Pod crossed with Naga Viper). I was very pleased with my order and would definitely do it again. Below are some pictures of the plants/seeds.

Beats me, Scovie...

I had my own bad experience with him a while back, and since I've mentioned it previously in other threads, I'll spare the blow-by-blow details, but needless to say, I shouldn't have to spend an extra $100 to get what was ordered because of two transposed numbers, even after I know he received my correct address. That, as well as the condescending attitude, expecting ME to come up with a solution to fix the problem, and so on, I really can't understand how he can realistically stay in business much longer with the way he treated me and other customers as seen in this and other threads.

meinchoh said:
You're not the first to give him good, sound advice and you won't be the last, I'm afraid....

Exactly, and the advice can be the best in the world (SomeLikeItHot's is pretty darn good, sound advice), but for reasons only known to him, Baker seems to think he knows better than everyone else.

meinchoh said:
Honestly, and I hate to say this, I just don't believe that he cares.
That really is what it boils down to. He won't take any good advice cause all he cares about is money. How he treats others means less than nothing. Just look at how he speaks to his customers. I've never owned a buisness but I can guarantee I wouldn't tell a customer that I "don't owe them anything".

No mystery, imho. 

I wouldn't take Dale's money, but I understand. 

Bozz gotta keep dem THP lights on!  And for that, I'm grateful. 

Hoping to have my SFRB box this week.  Will dutifully report if I am in the *98% of satisfied customers. 

Scoville DeVille said:

Why he is even still a member here is the only mystery.

My box arrived and they look great ! I'm missing 5 because I used them before taking the pic

Attachments

• peppers.jpg
    peppers.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 61
If you used 5 already, then how come there's only 19 in the box? I always thought Bakers guaranteed at least 25 good peppers in every box.

SavinaRed said:
There were 25 in the box when it arrived. Maybe I used 6. I had a few beers when I made my salsa lol.

Yes

Alrighty then ;) I did a double-take and re-counted and still saw 19 ;) And I haven't had a drop of beer in a week lol

My Baker's SFRB arrived today.  Fast shipping!  Nice box of pain.   

22 pods in the box, but many of the Choc Scorps are HUGE! 

Only one with a small worm hole.  I have not cut them open yet, but all appear to be fresh, firm, and good to go. 

Given the size of the pods, I won't quibble over the number of berries in the box. 

Is the printed notice included in the SFRB a new addition after the most recent criticisms? 

Has Dale turned over a new leaf?  His recent marketplace offerings and lack of DB shenanigans has me wondering what the Bozz said to him.   

Bozz made him an offer he couldn't refuse?  Luca Brasi pickin' the peppas? 

Good job, Baker's Peppers. 

:hot: :fire: :hot:

PrimeTime said:
I like this trend.

Let's hope it's not just a phase...

Meh.  After washing them and combing thru them more closely, I am a bit less enthusiastic. 

At least I got my box of peppers in a timely fashion.  

Next time, i'll go for one of those SFRB with 60 pods in 'em.  (Note to self: PM Sicman.)   

Guarantee 25+ peppers, Send 22.  4 have issues. 

Average. 

Idiot Piquant said:
Meh.  After washing them and combing thru them more closely, I am a bit less enthusiastic. 

Next time, i'll go for one of those SFRB with 60 pods in 'em.  (Note to self: PM Sicman.)   

Average. 

You only got 22 peppers? Hmmm maybe he needs to read his own "TERMS AND CONDITIONS"

Idiot Piquant said:

Average. 

Since his terms guarantee 25 good peppers, you should contact him, and let us know the results...

Idiot Piquant said:
My Baker's SFRB arrived today.  Fast shipping!  Nice box of pain.   

22 pods in the box, but many of the Choc Scorps are HUGE! 

Only one with a small worm hole.  I have not cut them open yet, but all appear to be fresh, firm, and good to go. 

Given the size of the pods, I won't quibble over the number of berries in the box. 

Is the printed notice included in the SFRB a new addition after the most recent criticisms? 

Has Dale turned over a new leaf?  His recent marketplace offerings and lack of DB shenanigans has me wondering what the Bozz said to him.   

Bozz made him an offer he couldn't refuse?  Luca Brasi pickin' the peppas? 

Good job, Baker's Peppers. 

:hot: :fire: :hot:
I'm curious what the printed notice says?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back