vendor Bakerspeppers.com

So i ordered seeds from bakerspeppers.com at the end of november. I tried to contact them through their "contact us" page to let them know i still havent received their seeds but that was about a week ago and i havent heard anything yet. Im not sure what to do as they charged my card and i havent gotten anything from them nor heard anything back. If i cant get a hold of them in the next week ill probably take it up through paypal instead. Lesson learned, this is what i get from ordering anything from anyone but Fords and Judy

I don't know the guy.  I don't know his business.  But I do have some sincere questions.  Didnt bump this thread, but figured I would take advantage of it being bumped to ask the questions.

Have been following his facebook page for a bit.  It seems like year in and year out he is hit with horrible weather, floods, hurricanes, and so on. Bad things do happen.

I spent two weeks in hospital.  Didnt have time to close the online store or Ebay listings.  Came home to hate mail and complaints at Ebay.  Got my orders out with apology, explanation, and more extra than I usually send.  Screwed some of those up cause in a race to get them out, I did them still stoned on pain medicine and O2.

For the most part, people retracted bad reviews at Ebay and sent me well wishes.  I sent out orders even to folk who got Paypal involved and got refunds.  Some of those folk not only sent the money back but a few sent extra.  I still screwed my 100% rating at Ebay and I am sure some folk wouldn't believe me even with a photograph of my latest amputation site, but for the most part people have been very considerate, kind, and understanding.

One person even followed me to my personal Facebook page, found our go fund me thing, and donated a hundred bucks.  The guy had just bought a $2.00 pack of seeds.  I was frigging floored.

So here is my question.  Is all this hate towards Mr. Baker from the loan that went bad?  Was he just really mean and rude in the forums?  I honestly do not get it cause after I screwed up, I got almost all the love in return, met nice folk, have a couple coming out to help me get the high tunnel ready today.  Heck, I have a minister in Indians who said he is going to pray for my family. 

I honestly dont get it.

It wasn't just from the bad loan issue. He sent pods with mold and rot, refusing to give refunds to those who requested them for said pods, and when people wanted replacement pods, he asked they pay for those too, as well as arbitrarily accusing them of lying. He also burned quite a few bridges by asking us to pay for the loan on his behalf, and blamed us for all his troubles.

Why are we still talking about this asshole? Dale Baker is a loser and a constant victim. If you have curiosities ajdrew, do some research. We are all sorry for what you have gone through but sympathizing with this narcissistic liar is not becoming of you. He did his share of thievery in many, many ways and you have not. Why you would half-heartedly stick up for him, while good natured on your part, is less than admirable. Yeah, manure occurs but, how many growers from Florida do the same thing he does in the same climate and somehow don't bitch about the floods, freezing, hurricanes, locusts, aliens, satan, and every other biblical curse? Because Dale Baker is special, in that "Dale Baker special" kind of way. It's always someone else's fault, just ask him. 

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
He also ripped off a member here by taking a business loan, then refused to pay it back - at one point indicating that he'd pay it back out of THP orders or something to that effect. That's when he got banned.

And as bad as that sounds, it's 1/100 of how bad it was.

$10,000 if I recall. And that was just "the loan" bit of his soap opera. He fucked so many people and lied, about all of it. He would take "pre-orders" for Carolina Reapers (even tho Mr. Curry severed all ties with him) and six months later would be making excuses why the orders weren't filled and would not give refunds. He would sell seeds of all sorts and 30% (at best) would grow true to what he claimed they were. "Want Chocolate Bhut seeds? here... have some cross pollinated Orange Habanero seeds..."

And on, and on, and so forth, and so on, and on, and on......

sicman said:
Dude is a fraud. Plain and simple. Slimy,lying, fraud. He is taking pre orders on plants that he says he will ship in May for his latest scam.

So he's taking pre-orders for stuff when the previous orders were never fulfilled/refunded...

I think behind a lot of anger, what I am hearing is not that he screwed up ( we all do ) but that he did not make things right.

Scoville, thank you for sympathizing but have to share that the experience has shown me some great things.  Spent the day with three friends who came out to help me catch up on some of the field work.  Never would have asked for help if I wasn't so far behind.  So much was accomplished that I dont think I have ever been ahead.  What used to take me two days to mow now takes me two hours because about forced to buy a riding lawn mower.  Bought new tiller because no way I could flip rows with a shovel this year.  Now I am ripping dirt at warp speed.  None would be happened without the adversity.  I really thing the Lord (or what ever higher power you wish) really does work in mysterious ways.

I thought the loan was 4k, but the amount is irrelevant. Baker took the money, didn't pay it back, took lots of money, didn't fulfill the orders.

It wasn't a one time thing like what happened to you, aj. We all screw up, and doodoo occurs. Its how those situations are resolved that makes the difference. He didn't/doesn't fulfill orders or resolve complaints.

And he's banned....yet there is still discussion????

Just wish there was a way to post customer feedback on fb. He'd never make it on Amazon and prolly not eBay. I get nastygrams from AZ if I'm one day late shipping.

I been reading all the Dale drama since I was a lurker an it was playing out.
I also flowed you Aj big difference but understand where you are coming form.
I looked at Dale site before as well never would buy form him too many red flags
He sent pods to member new here that didn't know about him once with worms in them rotted etc

Back