• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

BDASPNY'S 2020 GLOG

due to illness and surgery im behind schedule. but happy to say ive got a bunch of plants rolling now and more on the way! ive got a dozen or so I over wintered that will give me a head start in the spring.

IAyyzak.jpg

9L22HLi.jpg

CwBYlz9.jpg

vX0cyjw.jpg

N11d8ZE.jpg

InxQ5Yl.jpg

E0L2PH3.jpg

g4Cw7Pl.jpg

Bdvuz5Y.jpg

BDASPNY said:
anybody know what bug this is?

kNujVhm.jpg
I believe that is some sort of ladybird beetle (aka ladybug).

Those little white 'tails' attach the larva to the leaf while it
is pupating. It will eventually split the case open and fly
away!

Pods look awesome, BTW!

PaulG said:
I believe that is some sort of ladybird beetle (aka ladybug).

Those little white 'tails' attach the larva to the leaf while it
is pupating. It will eventually split the case open and fly
away!

Pods look awesome, BTW!

that's good news then. hope they're out there killing all the aphids.

thanks on the pods.  for months nothing, suddenly I'm out there adding support to branches. :lol:

those are  pasilla , they're ok fresh. I have some dried I need to grind and see if they're any better.

thanks for all the compliments guys!   its been an interesting year. glad to say the plants decided to go out with a bang.

I need to find the pics that have the big red rocoto plant. all but two of all my rocoto died. the one I moved to the front porch really started to come to life when the temps went down. ive got several pods growing now.  hoping to get at least one fresh one to try before the season is over.

internationalfish said:
Soooo the prize for wicked badass photo dump of all time goes tooooo BDASPNY! Seriously, dude, holy balls! :D
+1, 'Fish!!!

You really did it this season, Scott!  Great haul
of really beautiful pods. You gonna be a busy boy!

Really nice to see the Trippaul Threat White
sprinkled about here and there. 

It will be time for a well-deserved break pretty
soon, my friend!

thanks Paul!

if I had known you guys would enjoy the pics so much id of posted more. :lol:

im hoping the big red rocoto pods will ripen. its amazing how they seem to grow so fast you can almost see it happening in real time.

I need to pull in some favors ;)and try to grow more types of rocotos  for next year.

Back