• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

BDASPNY'S 2020 GLOG

due to illness and surgery im behind schedule. but happy to say ive got a bunch of plants rolling now and more on the way! ive got a dozen or so I over wintered that will give me a head start in the spring.

IAyyzak.jpg

9L22HLi.jpg

CwBYlz9.jpg

vX0cyjw.jpg

N11d8ZE.jpg

InxQ5Yl.jpg

E0L2PH3.jpg

g4Cw7Pl.jpg

Bdvuz5Y.jpg

PaulG said:
Those plants are rarin' to go, Scott.  
Nice weather can't get here soon
enough, my friend!

:woohoo: Flowers and pods!
the over wintered plants are really ready for the season to begin.  I gave up pinching off the blooms. ill roll the dice and see what happens.

now I need all the little guys to catch up!

lespaulde said:
Nice progress and lush greenery, you will have super sized plants by the time plant out arrives! :dance:

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
thanks! I sure hope so. :onfire:

Ain't it funny how the plants are so sensitive to the slight elongations of daylight? I'll chock that up to years and years of tireless discipline to a pattern....

Even up here my OWs and the houseplants are producing new and eager node activity...I may beat the aphids yet!

Grow on, dewd!!

stettoman said:
Ain't it funny how the plants are so sensitive to the slight elongations of daylight? I'll chock that up to years and years of tireless discipline to a pattern....

Even up here my OWs and the houseplants are producing new and eager node activity...I may beat the aphids yet!

Grow on, dewd!!
they really seem to know spring is coming that's for sure.

BDASPNY said:
several of them are already in dirt! :dance:

the cherry bomb is the slowest to germinate but they'll be ready to go this week.  :cool:
Nice, I'm having pretty good germination as well. Did a cherry bomb pop for you or is it still waiting?

I had a guy message me on reddit saying that seeds he got from me didn't germinate... he got them less than 7 days before. We were talking about it and like 2/3 days later they were all up.

Hawkins said:
Nice, I'm having pretty good germination as well. Did a cherry bomb pop for you or is it still waiting?

I had a guy message me on reddit saying that seeds he got from me didn't germinate... he got them less than 7 days before. We were talking about it and like 2/3 days later they were all up.
I usually germinate on a paper towel in a baggie.  id have to look at the date on the baggie to see how long it took.  id say that at least 95% germination rates on them.  they just took longer than the others,  which is no big deal.

BDASPNY said:
I usually germinate on a paper towel in a baggie.  id have to look at the date on the baggie to see how long it took.  id say that at least 95% germination rates on them.  they just took longer than the others,  which is no big deal.
10/4 that's about in line with what I'm seeing on my seeds now. I'm not worried until we are on to week 3 and nothing has popped, I just hit a week and about 50% is all ready up.

Haha. Yeah, peat pellets are also known as "pucks". A common brand is Jiffy. They come in different sizes. The larger one is #9, and the smaller one is size #7, which is the one you are using. Hence, the phrase "little pucker", or, one who uses little pucks!

And they look like they are performing very well for you.

Just don't forget to remove the nets!

gB9NZHBm.jpg

reV5tevm.png

DownRiver said:
Haha. Yeah, peat pellets are also known as "pucks". A common brand is Jiffy. They come in different sizes. The larger one is #9, and the smaller one is size #7, which is the one you are using. Hence, the phrase "little pucker", or, one who uses little pucks!

And they look like they are performing very well for you.

Just don't forget to remove the nets!

hadn't heard them called that before.

wow that crazy! the netting on mine is usually torn apart by roots before I transplant them.

Back