• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Beans the new fish bait

The other day we had a pot of white beans and ham. And it was just down right great. Well I ate on it and said man let me warm it up and put some in pint jars and seal them up for a meal later on. Well its been about 3 weeks and I was looking in the pantry and noticed that the lids were slightly bulging. Well I watched the jars and notice the it had bubbles moving inside. I took them outside to dispose of them. Well let me tell you something they smelled like a new found catfish bait. OH MY GOSH

What was wild the lids sealed and everything and I even placed them in a hot bath so I quess that the next time I want to make me some cat bait for fishing I know what to use.

MMMM I wonder if they would bite on brown beans better? :flamethrower: :fire:

okie joe said:
The other day we had a pot of white beans and ham. And it was just down right great. Well I ate on it and said man let me warm it up and put some in pint jars and seal them up for a meal later on. Well its been about 3 weeks and I was looking in the pantry and noticed that the lids were slightly bulging. Well I watched the jars and notice the it had bubbles moving inside. I took them outside to dispose of them. Well let me tell you something they smelled like a new found catfish bait. OH MY GOSH

What was wild the lids sealed and everything and I even placed them in a hot bath so I quess that the next time I want to make me some cat bait for fishing I know what to use.

MMMM I wonder if they would bite on brown beans better? :flamethrower: :fire:

Back in the day when I guided flyfishers in Alaska we would live right on the river. Leftovers usually got tossed into the river and we had numerous pet fish that we never went after. The rainbows loved rice and corn but the beans...whether pinto, black beans or any other bean...they looked upon with disdain and gave us the finger! Not that anything in Alaska resembles this food for fish but the fish were nuts about hotdogs!

Cheers, TB.

fish are always crazy for hot dogs, i don't even wanna guess why, but i remember when i was a kid and we'd go fishing on the dock for panfish we'd always use hot dogs and they'd fight over it.

Back