• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Been looking at full-sized, green pods for a month now...

Oh man...if you have real serranos...and let them go red...you are a beast!

Oh man, they get stingy when they're red, but man are they delicious! I thought they tasted a little apple-ish and really sweet/tart/fruity. Yes, they are quite warm, however.
eh. so whining does help after all. Last week I posted to bitch about how I wasn't getting any action from my supers. Now they're starting!
484581_10151154398552329_1775620547_n.jpg

Very nice, are those Nagas or Bhuts, by chance?

Join the club Aji! It took a month and a half to get a ripe pod, I still have several unripe pods! The supers are very slow and stubborn, but it's well worth the wait!!!

I too am now aboard this patience train. Been watching pods for what seems to be 1 1/2 months now. The only thing that turned so far is some orange habs and, a couple of caribbean reds. Just now getting a jamaican hot choc turning. An one of my green yellow cardi pods seems to be getting sun scald before turning. An it is the best looking one on the plant.

My scotch bonnet has had about a dozen full sized pods for about 5 weeks now, and just noticed 2 of them finally turning color today, so I know how you feel. Now my chocolate and pumpkin habs just need to change too and I'll be happy.

They will have a blushy color to them, then will finally fade into a nice brown color. When I got some Chocolate Bhuts, some were still in that transitional phase when you noticed a little bit of the red, so they were the color of chocolate pudding Jelly Bellies (a rusty brown color, with shades of red in the background).

eh. so whining does help after all. Last week I posted to bitch about how I wasn't getting any action from my supers. Now they're starting!
484581_10151154398552329_1775620547_n.jpg

Whining worked for me too. Posted a few days ago that I only saw a slight change in 2 of my scotch bonnet pods so far, and today I have about 6-8 that look like this...
a23nk4.jpg

Time to bitch until my chocolate and pumpkin habs ripen...

Back