Beer and food in Seattle?

The link is a new thing that started after my time. It might be even quicker. I doubt it would take longer. Maybe, MAYBE when the time gets nearer, we can head to Seattle and meet you there for a meal. (I HATE driving to SeaTac).

What are the dates and times? I hope your 6 hour layover isn't from 11:PM to 5:AM. LOL

I just looked into it. It looks like a 30 minute ride to the Jackson street stop. You're right there!

Thanks Scovie! Layover is on 5/5 from 1pm - 7pm so prime time to explore a bit. Right now really thinking I will take the Link up, grab some food, then wander around for a good bit before heading back down to go back through security.

Really leaning towards FX McRorys at the moment. I don't get to have good seafood US style very often, and it's been awhile to have fresh Oysters and Mussels.

How do the buses work? Do you get on and punch a button when you get off and the cost is preset?

The bus system is pretty awesome. 1st Ave is a two way street. 2nd is one way (South), 3rd ave is two way. 4th ave is one way (North) so you'll want to catch one on 4th to go to Pike Place Market, and on 2nd ave to come back. Back in the day the busses were free to ride in Downtown from Jackson street all the way up to Battery street. It might still be but I'm not sure. Busses are for sure the best way to get around. Even if they aren't free, one fare is good for a couple hours (it used to be anyway LOL). You might also check where the link stops up by PPM. You could potentially walk up first ave (it's the prettiest) to PPM and when you're done just get on the Link.

I am happy to hear you thinking about McRory's. When you go to New Orleans, you eat Cajun food. When you go to Kansas City you eat BBQ. When you go to Seattle you eat local seafood! Salmon, Penn Cove Mussels and Hood Canal Oysters. Back when we lived on Whidbey Island, the Penn Cove Mussel Co. had some of their Mussel nets in front of my dad's property (in Puget Sound) I cannot confirm or deny that we ate alot of Mussels. LOL. Technically they aren't nets, they grow mussels on ropes hanging off of floating docks.

Ok, enough of that. Is there anything else Scovullingus Travel Agency LTD. can help you with? :Rofl:

Scoville DeVille said:
The bus system is pretty awesome. 1st Ave is a two way street. 2nd is one way (South), 3rd ave is two way. 4th ave is one way (North) so you'll want to catch one on 4th to go to Pike Place Market, and on 2nd ave to come back. Back in the day the busses were free to ride in Downtown from Jackson street all the way up to Battery street. It might still be but I'm not sure. Busses are for sure the best way to get around. Even if they aren't free, one fare is good for a couple hours (it used to be anyway LOL). You might also check where the link stops up by PPM. You could potentially walk up first ave (it's the prettiest) to PPM and when you're done just get on the Link.

I am happy to hear you thinking about McRory's. When you go to New Orleans, you eat Cajun food. When you go to Kansas City you eat BBQ. When you go to Seattle you eat local seafood! Salmon, Penn Cove Mussels and Hood Canal Oysters. Back when we lived on Whidbey Island, the Penn Cove Mussel Co. had some of their Mussel nets in front of my dad's property (in Puget Sound) I cannot confirm or deny that we ate alot of Mussels. LOL. Technically they aren't nets, they grow mussels on ropes hanging off of floating docks.

Ok, enough of that. Is there anything else Scovullingus Travel Agency LTD. can help you with? :rofl:

LOL thanks! Guess I better look up those fares then. You've been an immense help and I nominate you for Travel Agent of the Year! ;-)

Scoville DeVille said:

Ok, enough of that. Is there anything else Scovullingus Travel Agency LTD. can help you with? :rofl:

You have pretty well convinced me that when I come to the great NW to visit you people that I am going to have to spend a day or two in Seattle.

Back