food Beer can or drunken chicken

isn't this just a gimmick? the evaporation of the beer is just rising water isn't it? has anyone tried it with a can of water??? better off drinking the beer or even pouring a little over the bird every 10 mins or so.

and yes - Tooheys Old is a great drop!!!

Evaporation from inside the chicken will get into the flesh as well as keeping the meat moist and tender. Pouring beer over the top will just run off the oily skin.

I can't bring myself to use our aluminium cans - will have to build something.

I agree alpha, the paint could permeate the chicken.

the meat would indeed be moist from the water having left the beer but would the beer flavour the bird? I don't think so.

a thoroughly washed steel can would do the trick!

I suppose you can use a soup can or something larger/skinny like a fruit juice and just put what you want to use in the can.

how's this for an idea??? hold the bird upside down and pour the beer into the chook - now I've just got to work out a way to stop the beer running out of it...

hey, I never said it was perfect

chilliman64 said:
how's this for an idea??? hold the bird upside down and pour the beer into the chook - now I've just got to work out a way to stop the beer running out of it...

hey, I never said it was perfect
Duct Tape.

chuk hell said:
I usually throw in a few cloves of crushed garlic and some rosemary into the beer. Also, I always plug the chicken's neck hole with a fat jalapeno. :onfire:
We use a halfa' lime in the neck hole.

I put beer, rosemary and garlic in mine. Also stuff a half a lemon in the neck. (Although the Jalapeno sounds real good and I haven't tried that)

I have a fresh bird in the fridge now and it is a nice day here. I guess I will have to grill that thing up in a bit and let you know how it turned out. You guys got me hungry!

Back