• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

beer & crocodiles.

Well I recently went to Oregon to see some boxer puppies with my sister (she picked an adorable black masked reverse brindle female pup) and on the way back we stopped at the Deschutes Brewery in Portland. First of all I must say I was rather impressed with a menu featuring elk, bison and lamb with many of the entrees made from scratch with their beers and hops and extremely well priced as well. 1 appetizer, 4 entrees, beers all around, soda, and 3 deserts for less than $100 bucks. Awesome. The best thing was the Black Butte XXII Birthday edition, made with Pasilla Negro Chili peppers, it was an incredible beer with cocoa nibs, orange and natural flavors and 25% aged in bourbon barrels. The problem is that the cocoa does not dissolve fully or some such and will not be continued so if you can I highly recommend getting some while you can. It made my lips and tongue tingle! Honestly cant wait to go back to that amazing place.

Also totally random and unbelievable as it sounds, crocodile on plane kills 19 people:
http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/crocodile-on-a-plane-kills-19/story-e6frfq80-1225942045322

awsome! pasilla negro is a complex chili but very good. i got an oppertunity to grow it 2 years ago. made some infused vodka with it. it was the bomb! killer bloody mary's! i got through your story and was like what about the crocoldiles? then i saw the bottom headline. i'm hoping samuel l. jackson doesn't make a movie about your bottom headline! you have some very interesting adventures lazy!! that one was mind boggling!

boxers rule! every since ginger passed away i can't bring myself to buy another because i will always compare them to her. she was such a sweetheart. but whenever me or my syblings walked her everyone would walk on the other side of the street. she would walk with purpose! my parents moved to a bad neighborhood. and the local scum broke in at 2 am. my step father was headed downstairs with the 357 magnum but ginger already had them on the run! i will miss her forever. that's how i got into presa canario. they are like a boxer crossed with a mack truck. your dog reminds me of ginger. i've seen the dog in your bed on your vids. awsome dog!

That sounds like a very complex tasting beer. If it was available locally, I'd definitely order a pint of it, just to get a taste.

And 'Crocs On A Plane'? That story is so bizarre, you couldn't make stuff like that up, it's so implausible. That's truly one for Ripleys or the Fortean Times. Unbelievable? Believe it.

Doug
dvg

the croc story gets a total +1 for randomness (people freaked out and caused their own death, this should be a life story about staying calm) and the beer sounds like a definate must try, Im searching for the Deschutes now :D

Lazi if you can find me 2 bottles or 6 pack of the Black Butte XXII , I'd gladly pay ya for it plus throw in an extra $20 for the trouble. I love chile beers and this one sounds awesome, but it doesnt look like Id be able to find it here in Florida

Lazi if you can find me 2 bottles or 6 pack of the Black Butte XXII , I'd gladly pay ya for it plus throw in an extra $20 for the trouble. I love chile beers and this one sounds awesome, but it doesnt look like Id be able to find it here in Florida

What, no pics of the pup?

What a bunch of idiots on that plane. That is obviously tiny judging by the pic & being able to fit in a gym bag.

Back