BEER!

I love IPA's as well but am not crazy about making them as hoppy and bitter as possible as some are.
I like Stone Brewing Co's IPA's especially although my favorite, Arrogant Bastard Ale is actually an American Strong Ale and I prefer it.
I think it has an extrememly complex body and taste.
Arrogant Bastard ale, 'extremely complex' is an understatement! ;) love that beer. The oaked version is VERY oakey.
A friend of mine imports stone to Japan and he takes so much care of it. Never goes above 3 degrees c once it leaves the brewery until it gets delivered to pubs around japan. So its in great condition.

He doesn't just import stone, they have a good portfolio. A few brewers from ballast point came over in the summer with their habanero Sculpin - wonderful!

im just giving you shit dude, i do it to everyone

former navy here, congrats to your son

It's all good Jared. Thanks for your service my friend. My Father-in-Law was in the Navy during Korea and my brother was in the Navy during Vietnam.
My dad and my son were the only two Marines. ;)

That's because you are a prick.

Ouch! You guys crack me up! :lol:

Arrogant Bastard ale, 'extremely complex' is an understatement! ;) love that beer. The oaked version is VERY oakey.
A friend of mine imports stone to Japan and he takes so much care of it. Never goes above 3 degrees c once it leaves the brewery until it gets delivered to pubs around japan. So its in great condition.

He doesn't just import stone, they have a good portfolio. A few brewers from ballast point came over in the summer with their habanero Sculpin - wonderful!

I have yet to try the Oaked version. I have had the Double Bastard and most of the others, I guess I need to make a trip to BevMo which carries beers from all over the world and get me one.
Speaking of Ballast Point, I really like their Big Eye IPA and would love to try the Sculpin but it's expensive (or I am too cheap) to try one. ;)

Going to my local bottle shop next week, they are going to have Goose Island Bourbon Country on tap. Can't wait try it.

I have yet to try the Oaked version. I have had the Double Bastard and most of the others, I guess I need to make a trip to BevMo which carries beers from all over the world and get me one.
Speaking of Ballast Point, I really like their Big Eye IPA and would love to try the Sculpin but it's expensive (or I am too cheap) to try one. ;)
Well hops aren't cheap and Sculpin is full of them!
Big eye is great, slightly more sessionable.

Bear Republic racer 5 is one of my favourite ipa.
Goose island ipa is a great gateway beer to get people into 'craft'

Well hops aren't cheap and Sculpin is full of them!
Big eye is great, slightly more sessionable.

Bear Republic racer 5 is one of my favourite ipa.
Goose island ipa is a great gateway beer to get people into 'craft'

I have had the Bear republic and I agree, it is good.
Need to buy another as it's been a while since I tasted it.
May have to try the Goose Island as well. So many beers, so little time. ;)

Drinkin up some Vitus tonight. Mmm, Wiehenstephaner.

I am after the bottles, so it doesn't hurt that whats comin out of them is delicious!

vitus.JPG

There's far too much awesome in this thread ... must. preserve.
wheebz said:
Hoppin Frog B.O.R.I.S. The Destroyer Double Imperial Oatmeal

The beer I like almost as much BCS, a little more than Zhukov, and the one I'll search clone recipes for to build the next base stout for my experiments ...

Back