• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Chopped - Fight for Independence!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Chopped - Fight for Independence!

Fourth of July is Independence Day in America - Here are your 4 classic American ingredients!

#1: Apples (As American as apple pie)
#2: Peanut Butter (Made famous by George Washington Carver, often credited with inventing it)
#3: Bourbon (American whiskey o yeah)
#4: Pork (American BBQ and various cooking styles in America are well known for pork. Pick Your Pork! Ribs, chops, butt, bacon... whatever you want for this 4th! Did someone say bacon?!)

Your dish MUST include all of these ingredients. If you transform them you must start with the listed ingredient, no skipping to apple juice, juice the apple, get it? You can add other ingredients of course, like Chopped. But you should try to keep the 4 ingredients as the main ones, and not hide them. Appetizer, entree, or dessert. Just like on the show.

READ: The 5 Rules for an eligible entry

Remember to spice it up! We want fireworks!

PoL .40

ENDS SUNDAY 10 PM EDT!

Shitty iPhone pic for now - but camera is charging! Gotta get the meat going.

BE REAL: YOU GUYS DIDN'T THINK I'D REALLY ENTER.
3Es85.jpg

You calling yourself a lady, sic? ;)

BRING IT!

no not at all,,it was a little joke that was directed to marcie and c.j. check the last post in throwdown discussion. but since you a grrl its also at you,ha. and please dont go all queen of banshee on me. you know i love ya.

this goes for u 2 salsa!!!!! hurry hurry.

marcie if you can give birth while making this you have my vote!

Ughhh I already started cooking the meat but I left out a few (not major) ingredients in my POL shot. Can I just photograph those as I go or should I try to redo the shot sans meat?

The shot glass contains bourbon! SO I CAN HAVE A SHOT WHILE I COOK. FOR THE BABY.

Ughhh I already started cooking the meat but I left out a few (not major) ingredients in my POL shot. Can I just photograph those as I go or should I try to redo the shot sans meat?

The shot glass contains bourbon! SO I CAN HAVE A SHOT WHILE I COOK. FOR THE BABY.
what kind because i want to make sure everyone is using bourbon? remember not all whiskey is bourbon...

also boss please give lunchbox a cown! he deserves one.

what kind because i want to make sure everyone is using bourbon? remember not all whiskey is bourbon...

also boss please give lunchbox a cown! he deserves one.

Nobody "deserves" anything...and I'll get one eventually...though I appreciate the sentiment.

It's cool though...I'll have one early next week.

It is Evan Williams bourbon whiskey. (AKA super ghetto, apparently.) PLEASE DON'T JUDGE ME ON CLASS FACTOR.

Not that I know much about bourbon to begin with, though.

PS: CROWN IS MINE.

Nuthin wrong with EW...great for mixing.

I bought "American Honey" bourbon. That's a pretty good hint at what I'm making.

PS: Crown ain't yours
PSS: There will be a special treat for Salsa Lady...

Nobody "deserves" anything...and I'll get one eventually...though I appreciate the sentiment.

It's cool though...I'll have one early next week.
youre missing the point i want the boss to give you a cown,,,,!!!!!!!!! check your first post,lol..

It is Evan Williams bourbon whiskey. (AKA super ghetto, apparently.) PLEASE DON'T JUDGE ME ON CLASS FACTOR.

Not that I know much about bourbon to begin with, though.

PS: CROWN IS MINE.
thats fine i just want to make sure no one slips just whiskey in on this. youre class is fine as wine my dear.rock on!!

PSS: There will be a special treat for Salsa Lady...

HUH? what'd i do now?

I havent' even looked at this until today, and only have today to cook. Unless I cook on Sunday for my bland family...:rolleyes: not a clue what to make

Marcie! Nice to see you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back