contest BEGIN! Chopped - Fight for Independence!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mj you have to use all 4 in an app, entree, or dessert, have you seen the TV show? Like that... but any of the 3 rounds.

Hey Marcie - Great Minds....I grabbed a bottle of EW too! (not my cup o' tea, but my dad makes great old fashioneds with it so......)

I'm going to make mine a 2 day affair, with pics late Saturday or early Sunday. Hopefully late Saturday, because y'all know how I feel about early Sunday postings! hahahaha

.....so simma down Sic!!!! :lol:

Working on my photos now and patting myself on the back for not bitching out of another Throwdown.

GO ME!

We all thought you were gonna Marcie your way out of this one.
Now post up them pics and then go have a baby!!!

PROGRESS POST BEFORE FINAL:

After the pork had been going for a while with just onions, apple cider vinegar, and garlic, I tossed in an apple.
4Mh4P.jpg

After another hour it was more like this:

R3DfG.jpg

I don't know what I did with myself before I learned that my KitchenAid could shred meat 50x faster than me with two forks...

r3GbC.jpg

Apple Habanero Coleslaw

wHtfE.jpg

And the makings of a spicy peanut sauce:

hbC49.jpg

Kind of a terrible pic but it featured peanut butter, bourbon, honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, a healthy dose of SalsaLady's GhostFire sauce, cayenne pepper

Final plated post coming in a few.

PoL:
P1010044.JPG

Them thar be douglah's, y'all.

Still gotta go to da stoh for da porkage, but thar's a start. However, I may have to JayT this one. At least PoL is taken care of, just in case...

Marcie's Peanut Butter Pulled Pork with Apple Habanero Coleslaw sponsored by America and Freedom

Lookin' good and open:
rn9u8.jpg

Ingredients:
For Pork:
Pork tenderloin
Garlic
Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce
Apple Cider Vinegar
Onion
Apple
Salt/Pepper

For Spicy Peanut Butter Sauce:
Peanut Butter
Bourbon
Soy Sauce
Honey
Ginger
Garlic
Texas Creek Ghost Fire Sauce
Cayenne Pepper

For Apple Habanero Coleslaw:
Shredded Cabbage/Carrot
Sliced Apples
Mayonnaise
Sliced Habaneros
Lemon
Salt
Cayenne Pepper

Cooked the pulled pork in the the slow cooker and shredded it in my KitchenAid. Cooked up the ingredients for the sauce on the stove. Coated pulled pork in sauce and returned to slow cooker for a while. Put the pulled pork on Martin's Potato Rolls and topped with Apple Habanero Coleslaw.

Honestly, this was A LOT better than I was expecting. I really wasn't sure that peanut butter and pork would work out that well, but I really enjoyed it. The sweetness and heat of the apple habanero coleslaw was a really nice contrast and I really enjoyed the sandwich. My homegirl SalsaLady's GhostFire sauce added a really nice heat to the actual pulled pork itself. Husband looked at me like I was nuts and pregnant, but I assure you I would eat this in any state of mind. It was solid.

Here it is ready for a bite!
1aD9r.jpg

That really looks yummy, Marcie - you should have been in at least one of the burger throwdowns, too!

Thanks!

Somehow I just sorta spaced what was going on that month and figured I missed out. I had no idea THREE throwdowns essentially happened. Should've dropped by more often and paid more attention. :(

Lookin Good Marcie!
Was the Pork spicy-hot on it's own? (I know you tasted it lol). I'm just curious.
Looks fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back