• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Spicy Rice Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Spicy Rice Challenge!

You must make an entree with rice, without simply putting something on top of (or next to) rice. The rice must be somehow incorporated into the dish! Instead of naming an Indian, Asian, or Mexican TD, all are game here. Even Italian and Spanish (hint hint) and so many others!

Q. Can I put something on top of the rice if I transform the rice beforehand?
A. Yes of course! The idea is you must cook with rice and not simply cook rice and plop the dish on top or next to it.

Q. What course?
A. Dinner/entree portion.

Q. Sides?
A. If they play a complementary role, and all on one plate (same as entree) except bread and sauces.

Q. Appetizer?
A. If you are up for the challenge of using rice in multiple courses, sure. It must be on one plate and presented along with your entree, not in a separate post. (2 extra pics for app)

Q. Dessert?
A. Sure. You can go all "Chopped" and do app, entree, dessert if you want. Rice used in all with the same requirements. Same entry post. (2 extra pics for dessert)

Q. Can I use rice flour?
A. You can but you must also use the actual grain in some portion as well, so for example, in your entree you used the grain, so in the app, yes, you could use the flour and not the grain.

Hot pepper ingredient in each rice dish made, however, since they are not separate polls, you can make the dessert non-spicy if you wish.

NEW: PM me the link to the final entry. You can get the link URL by clicking the post number.
10 pics max per final post (2 bonus for app/dessert each)
PoL: .10 (international can round)
Ends Monday 11:59 PM ET

Don't worry I got this
whiteonrice.jpg

:metal:

:cheers:

Haha.
Oh one more thing.

Q. Can I use rice flour?
A. You can but you must also use the actual grain in some portion as well, so for example, in your entree you used the grain, so in the app, yes, you could use the flour and not the grain.

The Hot Pepper said:
Haha.
Oh one more thing.

Q. Can I use rice flour?
Dislike

If you make your own rice flour does that negate using grain?

If you make rice flour from rice you must still us the grain too somewhere. Rice flour applies to homemade or bag.

If you use the whole grain somewhere else yes you can do that. :)

Damn, the leese look more like mush once it ferments but they are a excellent marinade. Sadly it would take a month for me to have any ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back