• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Super Bowl Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
salsalady said:
Northwest cuisine?   Where to even start????

Here's the important pieces, not including all the ancillary bits and pieces.  Don't think y'all need to see olive oil and flour~ 

Tillamook ice cream, butter and cheese
Oregon Hazelnuts (aka filberts) Oregon
berries
Columbia River Steelhead
Dungeness Crab
St. Helen's beef
Hanks bacon
Mazama Store sourdough baguette
Old Schoolhouse Brewery beer (Winthrop, WA)
Johnny's season salt- Tacoma, WA
Milbrandt Winery Cab- (we're related to this winery...I'll explain it later... :lol: )
Tim's Cascade Chips
Blue Star Coffee (not pictured) Twisp, WA

attachicon.gif
IMG_5849.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_5852.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_5853.JPG

Brining the steelhead-  and John's new knife from me for Christmas.... ;)   .....( :lol: )

I turned the fillets over after the picture-
attachicon.gif
IMG_5854.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_5855.JPG

I have no idea what is coming here ... the unknown is so exciting!

HopsNBarley said:
Can't wait to see what this is.
I buy Tillamook cheese often but didn't know they made ice cream.
And butter!!! And a bunch more dairy goods...

Tillamook Oregon is out kind of on the coast, washington and oregon on the ocean sides of the Cascades is prime dairy land. Where I grew up in Skagit county there were dozens (40-50 at least) privately owned dairy farms.

I learn something new every day. So Oregon is in Washington. :P

The Hot Pepper said:
Why is NY food based on street carts? lol! The real food is in the holes in the wall... 100 year old coal ovens, and 100 year old knisheries. It's a shame the hot dog cart and 99 cent slice even comes into play.
Traditionally it was cheap and readily available. Street carts have changed but they are still cheaper for lunch than most other lunch spots. There really are just too many options and that is why NY cuisine really has no identity.

I know man just messin around... tourists dictate the food of the city and they don't have time to research the real joints, they need to grab lunch before hitting the museum... so they know cheap pizza, cart dogs, pretzels and knish. And stinky halal. 

The Hot Pepper said:
I know man just messin around... tourists dictate the food of the city and they don't have time to research the real joints, they need to grab lunch before hitting the museum... so they know cheap pizza, cart dogs, pretzels and knish. And stinky halal. 
That's sad. The whole reason we travel is for the food. Then MAYBE fit in a museum or some such. Usually we have a loose idea of where we want to hit up food joints, and rely on locals too. There would be no point to go to NYC other than to eat!!! And use the restroom at trump tower after some delicious halal. :lol:

The first place people head when going to New Orleans is Bourbon St. My first instinct would be, head the exact opposite direction, and see what I run into lol.

The Hot Pepper said:
I learn something new every day. So Oregon is in Washington. :P

Huh???? Did I say that? Or are you assuming I'm doing a Warshington TD?

:shrug:

Making a funny, you chose Seattle. I hope that's in Washington not Oregon!

Itsvok boss, i hate typing on the kindle, and missing tbe dmilieys.

Thats how it looks without editing.

Yea, im whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back