beer Being Crafty

Cafe Del Bastardo - Nickle Brook brewing

It is based on their Imperial Stout Bolshevik Bastard . They then age some of it in burbon barrels for a year for Kentucky Bastard. Some of those barrels are then infused with coffee for the Bastardo. Crazy good paired with chocolate /duckfat cake for dessert course at the brewery pop-up dinner I won tickets to . Some of the food pics will probably end up in Vag Flog mañana.

FUszyvc.jpg

I picked up a couple bottles on the way out plus some of the coffee that was used to infuse it. That is no typo 14.5 abv ;)

BOpq4At.jpg

I'm getting crafty right now as well. About to put this grain to work on another NEIPA. I'm trying out the Wyeast 1318 on this time see how it compares to my last batch with conan. I'm using a pound of hops in this 5 gallon batch. Galaxy, Mosaic, and citra. I figure those are probably the main hops used in Treehouse's Doppleganger, and I'm trying to mimic that one a bit, to create something similar that FBM can brew.

I'm really getting my juicy base down now, for my beers. I just poured the first of my guava Berliner, and it is a straight up juice bomb. There are a few floaties from the guava pulp unfortunately, so next time I will use a finer grained sieve. The head retention on this is great, I poured it 10 minutes ago, and it still has a nice fluffy head. For a sour, that is pretty much unheard of. I love this beer! It came out way better than I expected. I've got two more Omega lacto cultures left, so I will definitely be brewing another one of these very soon.

grantmichaels said:
Yeah, real nice ...

When the beer is big, it can still be juicy etc, but there's an argument in favor of the normal-size IPA for the NEIPA style, I think, too ...

I agree. Mind the Hop is really juicy still for 9.6%, but also has the thick mouthfeel of a beer that size. That's why it's one of my favorites from Aslin.

Back