beer Being Crafty

It's a decent Brown Ale backbone, but the Americanization of Brown Ale is in fact as weird as it would seem to be ...

Wouldn't make another ... it's edgy, and conflicted ... conflicting too ...

I like to try to the stuff one hop beyond things I like, to try to expand my otherwise fairly narrow preference for beer styles ... but it's a low-percentage mission, surely ...

This was the 1 out of the 4 that I was the least likely to like, which is why I brewed it 1st to test the system ;) ...

:rofl:

It's improving as the hopping fades, but I don't think I would go out of my way to Americanize a Brown Ale again, anytime soon ...

I'll be surprised if I finish the keg of this one, but you never know ...

broc1.jpg

broc.jpg

Cheers

FreeportBum said:
if cheddar taste the same i'm gonna write a letter...lol 

taste is great but if I can't tell them apart something is wrong
Last time I was at The Veil, I tried 6 different beers on tap. Every single one of them looked exactly the same in the glass, even their peach gose. Straight up OJ. The only difference I could tell between them was aroma, flavor and mouthfeel, which I assume comes from the same base beer, just with different hops, and more base malts to up the ABV on the doubles. They were all phenomenal, so I"m not complaining.

I want to start drinking, but I can't get too lit, too early today. I'm making ceviche and aji de gallina at a Peruvian friends house today, and of course the dishes have to be spot on, since I'm not Peruvian. There is a lot more scrutiny on a non Peruvian cook in the kitchen of a Peruvian household, lol! My buddy is making lomo saltado and papa a la huancaina, so we should have a nice spread.

Maybe I'll crack something low ABV, like a bomber of my HB session stout...

Dude that's sounds so awesome!

We're making freestayle curry tonight. I'm gonna crack some ten fidy later after I hit some golf balls. Frootwood is also on deck too if I go get some.

Back