• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

flavor Best flavoured pepper(s) 2023

Tinkerbelle

Extreme Member
Come on then, 'fess up - what was your best flavoured pepper(s) for 2023?
You can pick one or many and you don't you have to qualify why it's your favourite - let's try and make this as easy and as painless as possible :lol:

I'll start off
Inek boynuzu - I don't know why but I just love the flavour of this one and it's pretty gorgeous looking as well
A small apricot coloured pepper - I have no idea what it is, bit of seed jumping beds going on - it tasted of apricot and had a damn good kick to it, the flavour and heat were in perfect harmony
Peppapeach - just delicious

There will be more as I taste and think of them

Tap De Cortí, a sweet pepper, when properly ripened it has a delicious chestnut taste!
...and then of course my beloved Schneider Farms scotch bonnet. Heat wise it didn't do very well this season but taste wise it is my undisputed SB favorite.

And for next season... my main focus will be the SB but the wife wants something too. That will be the Lesya, which is said to be excellent tasting. I'm curious!

Last edited:
For me, this year it was Krishna Jolokia, a real discovery: sweet, pungent and savory flavor. High heat to be annum. Beautiful and super productive plant.
I also really liked 7 Pot Jonah, a simple but delicious aroma, a good representative of the superhot red flavor.
Taeyang was another good one. Smokey and sweet flavor. A shame it was barely warm.

Bulgarian Carrot Pepper for me! It was almost like biting into an orange, but very tangy/citrusy too. I don't think I can accurately describe the flavor but fruity and tangy are my best descriptors.

The first thing that came to mind after tasting it initially was "chutney".

Last edited:
First tried it this season, the Aji Charapita. I am addicted both to the fresh one but also the dried pods powdered.
Flavor tropical taste & spice goes with anything, it does not change the flavor of the food they enhance & spice with a great warm feeling.
I say it's a little hotter than a Serrano but way better tasting.
It blends well in salsas with scotch bonnets & Aji mangos.

1697153263803.png

First tried it this season, the Aji Charapita. I am addicted both to the fresh one but also the dried pods powdered.
Flavor tropical taste & spice goes with anything, it does not change the flavor of the food they enhance & spice with a great warm feeling.
I say it's a little hotter than a Serrano but way better tasting.
It blends well in salsas with scotch bonnets & Aji mangos.

1697153263803.png
I definitely need to try the aji charapita!

Hi Guy's

Been an interesting sesson ...........grown lots of chinense this season Naga's, Bonnet's, 7 Pot's etc

Discovered I really like "Naga" flavour and heat 😋 7 pot Douglah.........? Not made my mind up yet 🤔

Gave my Dad a Scotch brains Yellow F5 he cooked a chicken in yogurt dish 😋 way hotter than a Bonnet very strong chinense fruity flavour I think I really like it :thumbsup:

20231012_161616.jpg

My Scotch brains Yellow now "F6"..........late sown caught up well and produced big pod's in a 5-litre pot !

20231015_124449.jpg

Can't go wrong with a Naga these Burmese are tasty classic Naga flavour........a bit disappointed with the heat , don't get he wrong there hot but not the particularly any hotter than others Naga's I've grown....

Stephen

I'm still collecting pods from my second round of growth (potted in July).
- Genghis Khan Brain: sweet and fruity flavor. Flavor halfway between Bhut Jolokia and Brainstrain, but really sweet. There is nothing bitter here, this is appreciated in a superhot.
- Bengal Naga Peach: This is my third time with this, so no surprise with this. The fruitiest variety I have ever tried. It's like eating a burning passion fruit.

In any case, this year the list of disappointments is longer than the list of successes. Maybe another post for this?😂

😱Oh shit, I had forgotten to talk about the first pods of the season: Rosemary pepper. Is great and really tasty. An annum with a very good fruity flavor, with a curious dominance of capsaicin flavor without being especially hot (like a jalapeño).
In addition, the plant is very ornamental.

Back