• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pests Best flowers to plant with pepper plants?

I have used marigolds but still had some grasshoppers and ants (only in one of my pots luckily)

What have you used to attract the most pollinators to your plants?

I have used marigolds but still had some grasshoppers and ants (only in one of my pots luckily)

What have you used to attract the most pollinators to your plants?

Clover is an incredibly good pollinator attractant. Clover will also add free nitrogen to your soil without you having to pay for it.

There are others in the legume family that will also attract. So if you mix 'em-up you have flowerings throughout the year. That includes overlooked things like birdsfoot trefoil, the the less invasive cultivars of vetch.

Clover is an incredibly good pollinator attractant. Clover will also add free nitrogen to your soil without you having to pay for it.

There are others in the legume family that will also attract. So if you mix 'em-up you have flowerings throughout the year. That includes overlooked things like birdsfoot trefoil, the the less invasive cultivars of vetch.
Thank you! Will be looking for some seeds of these to buy, or rather, live plants from our local gardening business.

I bought some clover seeds today and am thinking, how does it work?

If I plant them in the same container, wouldn't they take important space from pepper roots?

Do their roots produce nitrogen by themselves or is only chopping green parts doing the work?

It's white micro clover, I think people are using it as a lawn lately. I kinda like it, doesn't look like something what will stifle the peppers... It's small, can be used as a much, adds nitrogen to the ground, I see it as a perfect companion but it's all on paper, it will be my first try, so, will report later!

Still, won't know if it's gonna make them grow better, because it's my first big pepper year, so, don't have a comparison.

Last edited:
Has anybody had success with milkweed near their plants? It’s my first year growing but I have a bunch of productive milkweed on the opposite side of my house that always seems to have giant thicc bumble bees & lots of butterflies near them.

Would having this near my pepper plants be beneficial? I’m considering planting or relocating some stalks right by my pepper plants.

Back