• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

breeding Best Large Jalapeno

Dropped some seeds in the mail. Curious to hear how they come out.

Look out bitches!

IMG_20230128_112717749~2.jpg

@The Hot Pepper So, where we at with this Boss? :whistle:

Can't really call those jalapenos... 🤔
I believe it's another cross from Italy if I remember correctly... I've never grown it so I don't know how it tastes or produces🤷‍♂️

Longest Jalapeñ...oh! Contest Announced!

Is that a jalapeño in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

Maybe we should try crossing a jalapeño with a thunder mountain longhorn...

Last edited:
Is that a jalapeño in your pocket or are you just glad to se me?

Maybe we should try crossing a jalapeño with a thunder mountain longhorn...
I believe that cross has already been done with a Farmer's Jalapeno x Thunder Mountain Longhorn, but it certainly can't hurt to recreate the wheel. Personally, I would consider Jedi, Black Magic, or Mammoth in such a cross if it were to be repeated.

Longest Jalapeñ...oh! Contest Announced!
I have been hit or miss and consumed by life. Sorry for the lack of replies. No pepper motivation this season.

Hopefully not!

I thought I overfed them when I potted them up, but they exploded instead. I'm not sure what the upper limit is on feeding these before they burn, but it's pretty darn high.

F

How was germination? Any pics?

Just saw this. Germination was excellent - 3/3. Plants are still kinda young/small, but I'm was keeping them that way on purpose because plantout was over a month away. Now it's time to start growing. Just increased warmth, fed them and increased light exposure. I'll take some pics the next photo day. They'll be producing the winning pods in no time! :D

Back