• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

movies Best Movie OST track

OK, listen up, I'm only going to say this once: I love movie OSTs, as a rule. I've just been watching The Crow (for the 192nd time) and am still blown away by some of the tracks. For instance, I have yet to hear another Cure track that sounds as B-I-G as Burn from that soundtrack. Something about OST's just promotes quality.

So... leaving aside the OSTs listed in the footnotes, which are inhumanly beautiful in their entirety, WHAT are YOUR favourite movie songs (and it has to be ONLY those written specially for movies, not from a previous album and included by choice later)

Mine:
1. The Cure - Burn from The Crow
2. Now We Are Free - from Gladiator
3. The End Is The Beginning Is The End - Smashing Pumpkins from one of the sh1tty batmans.
4. Dead Souls - NIN from The Crow (cover of an obscure Joy Division song)

* The following do not count:
i. The entire Team America: World Police soundtrack on the grounds that every track is a work of genius
ii. The entire Memoirs Of A Geisha soundtrack, on the grounds that every track is utterly beautiful
iii. Anything by John Williams on the basis that we all KNOW it's awesome (Memoirs Of A Geisha being a subset, being a Williams creation)
iv. The Judgment Night soundtrack. Awesome movie, awesome soundtrack mixing rappers and rock acts

I'm going to have to say:
1. Last Action Hero soundtrack
2. Some of the 1989's Batman soundtrack
3. The Crow soundtrack
4. Video Game: Redneck Rampage soundtrack (I know, it's a video game and doesn't count, but I once owned it and it was awsome, I'm still looking for a copy of it)

redneck rampage.... dear christ, I spend weeks trying to get that piece of DOS crap running on XP... and it worked. And it was worth every second.

Top game. And I remember when it came out as well.

See? Right there? The Crow came up again.

I just started a thread on another forum: Is The Crow better than A New Hope?

Call me a dork, as i love all those you've listed, but my all time fave is the entire soundtrack to "Last of the Mohicans" with Daniel Day Lewis....
Another honorable mention(for me) is the soundtrack to Disney's "The Black Hole"....and i still have the original LP from 1978!

Back