• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Best Tasting Superhot?

jonnyb said:
Interesting many a lot are saying the yellow varieties, I only have a couple of Aji Lemons at present, I've heard great things about Datil (maybe a little less severe than a 7 Pot, although not by much. Chocolate Bhut's sound great and look as evil as they are hot! I've got some choc Habs and some Aji Pancas growing currently though so may go for a yellow this time. Also want to try out a Primo or Carolina Reaper, but think they might just finish me off :mouthonfire:

+1 for 7 pot primo, delicious smoky paprika flavor that hand around long after the deep, smoky, intense burn. Im growing some Caramel Bhuts, which according to some reviewers is the best tasting bhut theyve ever tried so im excited for those

i get on diffrent kicks but right now yellow moruga is my favorite. they just taste good.

i know chocolate habaneros are not super hots. but they are so good also.

Although certainly not the hottest, the 7-pot Burgundy is by far my favorite as far as flavor is concerned.

Seriously, it tastes almost like caramel and honey. Best way I can describe it.

The absolute best tasting superhot I've tried was a yellow 7 pot Jonah. Really wish I'd saved seeds from the pods I received. That being said, I've enjoyed nearly all the supers I've tasted. Personally, I don't care for most brown supers, other than brown 7 pots and black naga's. Butch T's were extremely bitter as well. If I had to choose, yellow 7 pots (all that I've tried have been great), red brain strain and red and yellow bhuts. 

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Never seen a yellow Jonah - I thought they were all red? Is it "7 pot red Jonah" and 7 pot yellow Jonah"?

Seems like they'd have a different name.

Weird.

Would love to try it.
:)
I'd need to dig back through all the boxes I bought last year, but I know for sure I had a box that peppers labelled yellow Jonah's, along with yellow Primo's. 

to me I crave heat, therefore its the one i have in front of me. Only get so many a season and i sure make them last.

none i really dislike, some people hate this or that to me its the heat im after, as i dont really taste individual flavours in a dish

Let me know if you find out - very curious about this one. :cheers:
After digging through my post history (I'm terrible at keeping track of what I got from which member), the yellow Jonah's I got were from a sfrb I purchased from Romy6.

Never seen a yellow Jonah - I thought they were all red? Is it "7 pot red Jonah" and 7 pot yellow Jonah"?

Seems like they'd have a different name.

Weird.

Would love to try it.
:)
2 years ago I purchased (as labelled) 3 plants each of Yellow 7 Pot Jonahs, Red 7 Pot Jonahs & 7 Pot Douglahs from J Duffy's site.
I don't know if they were correctly named or not BUT they all grew true in shape and color.
Those yellows were sooo good & I still have one of the R7PJs growing as a "bonchi"...

I have yellow and red bhut jolokias( ghost peppers), reapers, habaneros, Scoth bonnet and red moruga scorpions growing in my back yard in premium soil... The scorpions are so tasty I cannot get enough of them. Assuming everyone's tolerance lvl is high I strongly recommend everyone getting ahold of this desicious plant!!

MeatHead1313 said:
The absolute best tasting superhot I've tried was a yellow 7 pot Jonah. Really wish I'd saved seeds from the pods I received. That being said, I've enjoyed nearly all the supers I've tasted. Personally, I don't care for most brown supers, other than brown 7 pots and black naga's. Butch T's were extremely bitter as well. If I had to choose, yellow 7 pots (all that I've tried have been great), red brain strain and red and yellow bhuts.
Some nice favourites but I never found Butch Ts bitter. To me they're just an extra fruity Moruga with a touch less heat.

Back