• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Better Late than Pepper

Terrible puns aside, I'm getting a very late start to the growing year.  This is my first attempt at growing peppers, but I'm hoping that I can get some experience and some hot sauce by the end of the year.  Fortunately I live in a mild climate and I think that means I can grow into winter.

My plan was to get started in March, but due to what's happened this year, I haven't had the opportunity until recently. On top of that, two separate orders of seeds I ordered never arrived so I'm not getting to plant all that I wanted, but I've got a few seeds in the works. I've been raring to go and annoying my wife :P , but I decided to get started with what I have on hand and try to salvage what's left of the year.  Here are the seeds I've planted so far:

Cherry Bomb
Yellow Moruga Scorpion
Red Moruga Scorpion
Carolina Reaper
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
Orange Habanero
Red Caribbean Habanero
Hot Lemon Habanero
Naga Viper
Jalapeno
Serrano

I was able to get a mini greenhouse and heating mat for the seeds so they're tucked away in the dining room. I'm winging it and going off of what I've seen on youtube and read online. I feel like I've watched hours and hours of pepper videos and I'm excited, can't wait to see what happens and I hope the wait has been worth it.

Attachments

• 20200612_125258.jpg
    20200612_125258.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 147
You have a nice grow going on your terrace, FWP!
What a great space for the peppers.

PaulG said:
You have a nice grow going on your terrace, FWP!
What a great space for the peppers.

It's a good space for sure, but unfortunately the orientation isn't very good. From spring to the end of summer, it gets some intense sun. Outside of that it gets practically nothing, although it hasn't had a huge effect yet  :think:

Not sure what this little guy is, but I left him alone for the time being

Attachments

• 20200926_140957.jpg
    20200926_140957.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 48
Made a basic worm casting tea and watered the plants with it. They seem to have liked it as I could have sworn they looked greener immediately afterwards. Might have to do that every week or so going forward

Many forum members swear by the tea method!

PaulG said:
Many forum members swear by the tea method!

Funny how effective poop water can be  :lol:  If I can overcome my laziness, I'll do it more often. At least as long as my wife doesn't see me getting the patio and balcony too dirty. I'm trying not to overwater now that it doesn't get as hot and the pots hold onto the water a bit better.

FarWestPep said:

At least as long as my wife doesn't see me getting the patio and balcony too dirty.

Yeah, the Spanish fury is world famous... When I was in Ronda (on a Sunday), I witnessed how a red-furious wife supported by an all-female club stormed into a local pub and dragged out her very drunk husband (?), and started kicking and hitting him on the street. Laughter from inside, cheers from outside... I don't want to make you feel scared, of course... :D

ahayastani said:

Yeah, the Spanish fury is world famous... When I was in Ronda (on a Sunday), I witnessed how a red-furious wife supported by an all-female club stormed into a local pub and dragged out her very drunk husband (?), and started kicking and hitting him on the street. Laughter from inside, cheers from outside... I don't want to make you feel scared, of course... :D

Haha that's absolutely true. I've certainly seen/heard my fair share around these parts as well . I remember waiting to cross a street and a couple came up and the gf/wife was accusing the guy of looking at someone else's culo  :lol: . My wife is actually a cooler cucumber than myself, but she does like a clean house  :lol:

Back