• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Bhut Joloki

What Potawie said.

It's a C. chinense, but I believe there are some fructesens genes in there as well. Is this right?

Thanks for the info, but what i really needed to know is, could i use the seed from it, so i could grow them next year? Would any one know that? Thanks.

Yes. It may or may not grow true depending on if the plant your pod came from was cross pollinated with another variety.

Yeah, CPI has the real deal if you're worried.

The ones I've grown were from TheHippySeedCompany and he got the Bhut's from CPI. His Bih Jolokia's came from Frontal Agritech I belive..I have a 2nd year Bih plant I like a lot. :)

All seed comes from CPI, I dont think anyone has found any other supplier. Maybe if you traveled to Sri Lanka, Or India or maybe Sichuan China. Those are the areas were the Bhut or its cousins are native.

By the way I got Babies :) 3 or four Bhuts 3 of them still two leaf 1 is 4 leaf. :D

I ordered some seeds from tradewindsfruit.com.

I can't comment on their authenticity though as I haven't grown them yet

i have had pretty good luck with trade winds...

Pepper Belly said:
Yes but as far as I know those suppliers you mentioned get theirs from CPI.

I believe Frontal Agritech gets it straight from Assam where Paul Bosland originally found it.

Bosland didn't find it, he just grew and tested it after being a huge sceptic. Not all seeds come from CPI, they just have a lot of popularity because they did the test that made the guiness record

Back