• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Bhut Jolokia Bonchi

I was growing this and trying to create a bonsai over the growing season. I would pinch off any leave that got over the size of a quarter and it seemed to regulate it's height itself. I got this plant as a seedling along with two others that grew to 3 feet or so.
2012-11-14094915.jpg
2012-11-14094940.jpg
2012-11-14095037.jpg

Dude those things are awesome! Give me hope for my stupid small space I'm gonnna try and grow peppers in this winter!

Your Bhut pepper is beautiful and I love the pics!!! And I thought that growing bonsai was done by root cutting and grafting, little did I know.

I harvested one earlier, and it has three on it now. It's approximately 8 inches tall now. I wasn't really going for pod growth, just something different. This is it's first year, so hopefully I can keep it small. I really like the small leaves, all are only 1/2-1 inch.

Looking real good. I stupidly let mine die last year. Pulled a huge number of pods from it too.

How old was that plant. It looked really good.

What light are you using? And how long has this plant been growing?

I had it growing outside with all my other potted peppers in 5 gallon lowes buckets. I moved it inside approximately a month ago and trimmed the roots and repotted to a small pot. Right now I have them under two 4 foot shop lights with my orchids. I think that I am going to try this with all my overwintered superhots. It's not like I go through lots of those peppers anyway.

Back