• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Bhut Jolokia Review

Well I decided not to waste any time fooling around and dreading the idea of eating something that looks like.. well.. this.

(Picture of Bhut and the Scorp-Look Alike I have no idea what it really is)
8e0eab99.jpg

(Picture of what I'm about to regret eating)
1f6c293b.jpg

So to timestamp (9:52pm) the beginning of the adventure of pain that is my fourth and most frightening looking Bhut Jolokia pepper. This one came from my non-potted plants.

And here we go. (9:53)

A very juicy, but seemingly dry taste and texture. If that makes any sense. Less fruity than the others were. Almost a minute in and the hiccups began already.
And we'll take a break while I die for a little while.

(10:01) Ok the heat has definitely pinnacled. This thing is a friggin monster. I've never come so close to puking from a pepper. It was so bad I ended up sitting in the bathroom waiting for it. This evil mother-plucker is miles ahead of the other Bhut Jolokias I've eaten. There must be a portal to Hell under where the plant that spawned these evil wrinkly pods of pain.

The pain has started to leave the back of my throat where it has resided since the heat hit, and has made a home in the pit of my stomach. I hate milk. I hate milk more than anything. But I got a feeling I'll need some to help cope with the pain that's formed in my gut.

Fortunately I'm home alone to deal with this pain otherwise it'd probably be worsened by the mockery of my fiance. I can actually hear her in my head pointing out how I 'only did this to myself' and 'i must be an idiot for going back a fourth time on this pepper'.

(10:06) The self-ridicule has llightened the pain somewhat as I'm now more focussed on retaining some level of dignity as the endorphens kick it to make me feel like some sort of gimpy He-Man (gimpy because I probably am unable to stand up straight and I'd rather not test the idea).

(10:12) Took a few sips of milk, which actually tested my gag reflex more than the pepper did. I tell you, I hate milk. I reread this improv' form of review done during the pain and realize, I should stick to doing afterthought reviews. The pain in my mouth is nearly gone. But the pain in my gut is merely beginning.

I think it would be best to post this peice and lie down for a while. That pepper did things to me. And I think I may need to file charges against it. I was a willing participant, but not for this!

(10:21) Apparently the pepper screwed up my Droid phone too since the images failed to upload and had to be redone. I think I may save the other pepper for the day after tomorrow.

I have this waiting for me. :)
92fcde22.jpg

Well written review! I sometimes enjoy written reviews better than vids because it leaves a lot of it up to your imagination. :cheers:

Upon further review..

The heat's long gone now. Enjoyed some beer and spicy nacho doritos. To relieve spice, eat minor spice.. That's my motto.

That pepper messed me up. The heat was unbelievable. I've eaten ghost peppers, this was my fourth this year, but there was something different with this one. SO much hotter, the heat struck after about 8 seconds and I wasn't able to type or even think a coherant thought when it struck. I may have even seen red for a moment, I don't remember. Lol.

After a few minutes, I had to move myself to the bathroom because it just made me feel different. That's never happened to me before. This pepper was different.

The heat bypassed the lips, mouth, and tongue and hammered the back of my throat and the roof of my mouth in the same proximity. The heat was instant pain, too, there was little in terms of buildup. It straight told my throat a mean and uncalled for insult and made it hurt in ways that can only be described in mutterings and drool.

I was forced to spit and bit because I came to the conclusion that adding fire to that level of burn wasn't worth self-credit in pride. Only bad things could happen. At some point you just have to submit to the pepper, lol.

I'm not afraid to admit I nearly vomitted. The burn carried itself straight to my gag reflex and set fire like it just won an NBA championship. It was downright vile.

I've completely lost taste for carbonated beverages. The burn you get from it doesn't exist to me anymore. All soda/pop/coke (whatever you call it) tastes flat. Guess I have no excuse to avoid water anymore!

And to put the heat in respects to other peppers I've reviewed. This thing handed the Dorset a greeting card and told it to pack its s*** and get on out. There's no comparison. My garden produced something downright rude.

I have to agree with Nova, a great written review is a hoot to go through. Far be it from me to dive in and eat these things whole, must be older and wiser or CHICKEN. I'll taste and try sauces. Nice Job :dance: :dance:

Nice review. Great simile's, Puts everything in perspective nicely. I felt your pain kind of like when you’re watching sports highlights on ESPN and they show a play where the player takes a shot in the beanbag. Ouch you can't help but cringe.

hilarious review. maybe you got a mutant bhut? you kept it down though thats good. don't wan't that bad boy hitting the back of the nasal cavity!

Thanks for the positive comments everyone! I'm most surprised that no one commented on the paper towels, haha.

The pepper revisited me last night and woke me up with a hot burn that went up my intestines and stomach. That was a helluva pepper! Love it... sort of.

Ya know, ya put the thing into your mouth and at some point it has to come out.... thus my screen name.
These things like to bounce around in your innerds, then the next day you have to wipe, get some aloe vera wipes, once the steam subsides you'll be okay.
Great job on the review.

Back