• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Bhut Jolokia White

So, there are rumors that the Bhut Jolokia white is an extremely slow grower.
I just wanted to know if everybody is having this experience and to share thoughts and opinions about it. This yr will be my first yr growing it, so thats why I wanted to know more about it.

I have two of them.  I'll follow this topic and keep you updated but for now, they are keeping us with the rest.

Big Mike
Visit us Online:
http://www.knot2worry.us/Chiles.html

bjw510fs.jpg

The White Bhut I have growing is rocketing up and branching nicely. I'd run out and take a new picture for you but its non stop rain here. So here's a picture a few weeks old, it's the second one right side of picture (right to left Red Bhut, White Bhut, Trinidad Scorpion and Chocolate Scorpion). As a matter of fact it’s now the tallest of the 4 and they were all started on the same date 1/1/13. All are setting flowers but only the Chocolate Scorpion has the first pods to stick but expecting others to stick in the next day or so. Great success in your grow mon!

Taken: 2013:05:08 14:15:36
34smc2b.jpg

Picture from WalkGood glog.

Edit: BTW all four have had the same feeding of banana, egg shell, chicken poop & lot's of seaweed tea in spray form (tea only)

Only have 2 plants showing pods.
White Bhut is one of them.
Seems the same size and stature of most of the other "pendant" pod types.

Those are some beautiful plants. I've had the red Bhut for a couple years now, but never tried the white. Is it as hot as the red? Those would make for some beautiful salsa!

Tim

cruisercruiser said:
What is your soil composition may I know?

Thanks!
I go strictly organic. This is really my first year growing so I started out with Pro-mix HP as my soil/media. I added worm castings and some mushroom compost to the Pro-Mix. Since I dont have my own compost as of yet, I have mixed in the following withe soil: Crab Shell powder, Kelp Meal, Tomato Tone. I water with AACT now and then as well as hydrolized fish/seaweed of either Neptunes Harvest or Earth Juice.

Next year my plan is to use my own compost and eliminate as much store purchased nutes as possible.

Back