• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Bhut Jolokia White

holyhotpeppers said:
holyhotpeppers, on 27 May 2013 - 02:03 AM, said:
I go strictly organic. This is really my first year growing so I started out with Pro-mix HP as my soil/media. I added worm castings and some mushroom compost to the Pro-Mix. Since I dont have my own compost as of yet, I have mixed in the following withe soil: Crab Shell powder, Kelp Meal, Tomato Tone. I water with AACT now and then as well as hydrolized fish/seaweed of either Neptunes Harvest or Earth Juice.

Next year my plan is to use my own compost and eliminate as much store purchased nutes as possible.
Thanks for the great info! I just started out planting chilli and realised there is a lot to learn. Thanks for sharing!

Updated (May 26th) Picture of the same plant posted above.  16 days later.

Big Mike
Visit Us Online:
http://www.knot2worry.us/Chiles.html

bhutwhite526.jpg

@ holyhotpeppers plants looking good mon!

I now have 4 pod starts on my White Bhut and loads of flowers, hope more set soon. I’m excited to see how the final pods turn out and taste, I’ve never tasted one. Here’s the largest of the 4 pods, hehe small isn’t she …
dz75s2.jpg

Seed from Greg (Pic1)

I never knew that there was such a thing as a white Bhut Jolokia. Where do I get the seeds from in Europe?

My attempts at growing a white Habenero were disasterous and I would like to try again growing a white chilli next year.

One problem though is with Aphids. They prefer the chocolate Bhut Jolokia and it's really difficult to stop them returning (I prefer to grow organically). I wonder if this is also the case with a white Bhut Jolokia.

Here is a pic taken 1 week from the initial pic I posted. This thing is really taking off. 1 flower on it right now. Pot is a 5 gallon.

Now 5/29/13
DlBIOot.jpg

1 Week ago 5/23/13
YY438ML.jpg

WalkGood said:
@ holyhotpeppers plants looking good mon!

I now have 4 pod starts on my White Bhut and loads of flowers, hope more set soon. I’m excited to see how the final pods turn out and taste, I’ve never tasted one. Here’s the largest of the 4 pods, hehe small isn’t she …
dz75s2.jpg

Seed from Greg (Pic1)
Thanks bud!

Here is my white bhut (seeds from pepperlover) this picture was taken on 6/4/13

Some pods on the white bhut 6/4/13

I'll take some more pictures today hopefully

Back