• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Bhut Jolokia's Coming Along Fine

Well, the weather is cooperating somewhat and my bhuts are still looking good and growing like crazy. My biggest plant has 4 flowers on it now, and next biggest has 3, and smallest has 2 or 3, and the largest plant is now nearly 26 inches tall. I might still get a handful of pods before fall, if I'm lucky.

BhutJolokia_9-11-08_1.jpg
[/IMG]

BhutJolokia_9-11-08_2.jpg
[/IMG]

BhutJolokia_9-11-08_3.jpg
[/IMG]

By the way, in the background of the first Bhut pic, you can see my two Thai pepper plants absolutely loaded with flowers and pods now. Both Thais are 6 feet tall now. I'm gonna dread standing out there for hours picking all those peppers when the time comes.

20 gallon? Are you sure? Unless I am mistaken and if I am, please tell me, that'd be 75+ litres and I have a 65 ltr pot that is much bigger than yours... I may be wrong though, after all I'm stuck in the metric system.

The plants look nice and healthy. I hope your season will be long enough to get some pods!

Actually, I believe they are 19 gallon tubs that I picked up at Lowes. I probably should have bought 10 or 12 of them. These were only about $6.89 a piece.

Damn fine Bhuttage you have thee my friend and those containers are damn cheap compared to comparable size in the u.k :)

Yes, that is the plan, to overwinter them, at least. They are pretty heavy, but will be rigging up something with my dolly to roll them into the house, into my temperature controlled plant room.

Back