• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bhuter 1920 :shrug:

Hello! I might as well try this. List is still in progress. Yes, I'm way behind, but who's in a hurry, anyway? Lol

Here's what has germinated and is now in the dirt. More to come. Waiting on germination.

Cinder F5
Black Naga x Peri-Peri F3 (Brown)
Volante
MustardGum NagaBrain
Purple BBG x 2
JPGS x Primo x 2
GSM (Grocery Store Mystery...Brown)
Brown Moruga
Black Panther
Berry Amarillo

Later added as germinated:
Rocoto Oculta CLEF
Caramel Moruga
Chocolate Scotch Bonnet
Purple Reaper

7kZ4znd.jpg

I'll leave this recipe for Depression Bread here...just in case...
7eMaxgF.jpg

ahayastani said:
So He approves of your undertaking, heh? ;)

Nice and healthy plants; I'm particularly jealous of your tomatoes.

I don't recognise the last one as a blue stainer, but here is some garden music in case I'm wrong :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLorCIJvF4w
Just quoting to notify.
But here's another from Czech Republic. Well, that's where I got the seeds. Lol. Same with Nelinka and Primora.
Speckled Roma
1ftYret.jpg

bE1Fpxj.jpg

Primora (Chocolate BeefSteak)
bIH5yZd.jpg

Here's a Garden Peach.
jbLJmT6.jpg

There are more..........lol

Last night, I took out a pound of ground beef to thaw because I was adamant about making this dish of Rob's (Ragin' Gardener).
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/63680-noodle-thread/?p=1587126

Put it in water to thaw, then looked for the other stuff that we ALWAYS have.

Well, no sour cream. But that's ok.

Uuhhhh......no onions AT ALL?!?!

Scratch that idea.

Had to decide what to make with that ground beef.............
so I made a thick-arse Beef and Bean Enchilada (casserole?)
EeXiszE.jpg

It just came out. Tonie will be home in about 25 minutes, and it should be cool enough to smash.

Ingredients:
1lb ground beef
1.5 cans of refried beans
1 can of "La Preferida" Red Enchilada Sauce (Mild, here)
1 packet of Taco Bell Original Taco Seasoning (Cuz I'm cheap and lazy)
8oz Mild Cheddar (we love cheese on our cheese. Lol)
Garlic
Worcestershire sauce (just added to beef to try)
Onion powder (cuz no real guys)
Oven

We'll find out how it is soon!

[Had to edit this around 9 times. Apparently I don't know what order those pics should be in. Lol
It should be right, now. Should be...........]

[Sh!t! Make that 10.........]

Hey Bhuter, plants are looking great [emoji106][emoji16]. I especially like the one that is growing greenbacks [emoji1787]. That recipe sounds like a winner [emoji106][emoji16].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PtMD989 said:
Hey Bhuter, plants are looking great [emoji106][emoji16]. I especially like the one that is growing greenbacks [emoji1787]. That recipe sounds like a winner [emoji106][emoji16].

Ha! Thanks, Bryan! I would grow nothing but THAT variety! :rofl:
I usually have pocket change on me, but this day, I wanted my entire paycheck to photobomb just one pic. Lmao!

Primora (Chocolate BeefSteak)
zGspJH3.jpg

Pasilla de Oaxaca
NZHE8pv.jpg

ZCBWrqM.jpg

Stuck my phone inside the tangled mess known as the Orange MicroBerry.....
nfwqjwt.jpg

Garden Peach
S9Yeypz.jpg

MustardGum NagaBrain has mutants.
pe5idYg.jpg

uItwb0m.jpg

Alice's morning salad
vXBKmji.jpg

ahayastani said:
Are those Mustardgum Nagabrains of the 2-in-1 calyx type, or are they extremely gnarly?
They're not supposed to be 2-in-1......but the first 2 are.......and the calyces are gigantic!

PtMD989 said:
Alice is eating better than me[emoji1787][emoji106].

HA!!!!
I think the same thing sometimes, so I'll make her salad extra big and eat some myself on the way upstairs. Lol.

PaulG said:
The Alice's morning salad
vXBKmji.jpg
Hey, Alice is looking fat and happy!
Yes!!! Large Marge! Lol. Thank you!

Pasilla de Oaxaca
5BuIbeb.jpg

fC9CqCb.jpg

CGN 22184. If you zoom in to the top right, there is a pod with a green marker on it. That's a madballz cross that DID take!
w5IulhL.jpg

Rhomboidium finally flowering
uXxIYV7.jpg

This was an unknown, but the only one I'm missing is Caramel Moruga. This seems to fit.
2WiH5Zv.jpg

Red BrainStrain
9JogkYQ.jpg

Bookers picked this up for me last year at Jay Weaver's farm. Not sure what it is, but it's a small orange bead. Seems to be right.
tHWqVbM.jpg

MGPJ26-Peach from Stefan (MeatFreak)
v3xPKGP.jpg

Cinder F5
drcnoeU.jpg

Many more pics.....in a little while.

Ox Heart
rhDPIYp.jpg

Nelinka Cherry
nSaVMxa.jpg

La Victoria BeefSteak. Top one is russeted, but growing out of it.
SiHxHXN.jpg

Blush Tiger
Mt2XOdg.jpg

Speckled Roma
VV1uG0V.jpg

German Pink
pfhp0s9.jpg

Orange Microberry
RvWliQ1.jpg

The Dancing With Smurfs sucker I pulled and planted directly in here.
7dRkKyB.jpg

Last Halloween, I had a warted pumpkin that I carved and just left outside. This spring,I noticed a plant growing out of the Jack O' Lantern's eye. I took off the top and found many in there. The one in the right is said pumpkin, the one next to it is Smurfs, and the middle is a Nelinka cherry planted on the left and laid down.
DVemrKy.jpg

The back
tMGZ5gM.jpg

The left trellis has the aforementioned pumpkins (2) on the right and the other is an Armenian Cucumber.
Y7i6PbY.jpg

Your plants certainly give the impression they are in production mode now :thumbsup:

I occasionally use pasilla in the kitchen, almost always as an ingredient of a tomato based sauce. A Oaxacan lady (youtube nick: Olguita artesana 73) has put a video online of how to make stuffed pasilla. I'm not sure how easy/difficult it is to make sense of what she says, but she shows all the ingredients she uses, and if you occasionally do kitchen work you can make sense of what she does as well :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI8Lk4b6fIE

ahayastani said:
Your plants certainly give the impression they are in production mode now :thumbsup:

I occasionally use pasilla in the kitchen, almost always as an ingredient of a tomato based sauce. A Oaxacan lady (youtube nick: Olguita artesana 73) has put a video online of how to make stuffed pasilla. I'm not sure how easy/difficult it is to make sense of what she says, but she shows all the ingredients she uses, and if you occasionally do kitchen work you can make sense of what she does as well :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI8Lk4b6fIE
AWESOME!!!!! Thank you very much! I was looking for something JUST LIKE THIS!!!!!

These ripen brown/black, right? How's the flavor? Are they more for tomato-based, like you mentioned, or Molé? These are a lot bigger than this pic makes them look. Maybe 5-6 inches long now, and 1-2 inches wide, and still growing.

These are flowers from 2 separate Cinder F5 plants from seeds from my pods. The top left is a normal (to me) Chinense superhot flower. The rest are from a different cinder plant that has petals a lot longer.
5Ivitgq.jpg

MFPJ26-Peach Stefan
0eg5Vqa.jpg

Piment d' Espelette
VVd53j9.jpg

And another cross that took. Purple Flower BBG (Orange pods) x Bloody Riot Orange
NYBbYXq.jpg

Bhuter said:
AWESOME!!!!! Thank you very much! I was looking for something JUST LIKE THIS!!!!!

These ripen brown/black, right? How's the flavor? Are they more for tomato-based, like you mentioned, or Molé? These are a lot bigger than this pic makes them look. Maybe 5-6 inches long now, and 1-2 inches wide, and still growing.

They should ripen to brown, yes. I have never consumed them fresh, only dried. It packs quite some taste and isn't hot at all. If you add pasilla to a dish, its taste will dominate. If you want something more neutral, go for guajillo. At least that is how I perceive it. Pasilla is often used in combination with guajillo and/or ancho.

Walmart MX:

00063314831124L.jpg

ahayastani said:
They should ripen to brown, yes. I have never consumed them fresh, only dried. It packs quite some taste and isn't hot at all. If you add pasilla to a dish, its taste will dominate. If you want something more neutral, go for guajillo. At least that is how I perceive it. Pasilla is often used in combination with guajillo and/or ancho.

Walmart MX:

00063314831124L.jpg
Thank you! That is very helpful! The No-Heat is a total bonus!!!!!! More applications!

Back