• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bhuter 1920 :shrug:

Hello! I might as well try this. List is still in progress. Yes, I'm way behind, but who's in a hurry, anyway? Lol

Here's what has germinated and is now in the dirt. More to come. Waiting on germination.

Cinder F5
Black Naga x Peri-Peri F3 (Brown)
Volante
MustardGum NagaBrain
Purple BBG x 2
JPGS x Primo x 2
GSM (Grocery Store Mystery...Brown)
Brown Moruga
Black Panther
Berry Amarillo

Later added as germinated:
Rocoto Oculta CLEF
Caramel Moruga
Chocolate Scotch Bonnet
Purple Reaper

7kZ4znd.jpg

I'll leave this recipe for Depression Bread here...just in case...
7eMaxgF.jpg

Having Good Crossing luck. They don't always all take, so I'll do multiples.
Crosses that have taken so far:

Purple Flower BBG (Orange) x Bloody Riot Orange. (Both tries took. So two of those.)
CGN 22184 x 7 Pot Madballz
Galapagos Frutescens x CGN 22184
w0z3Ikh.jpg

Waiting on:
Judy's Brown Moruga x 7 Pot Madballz
7 Pot Madballz x Judy's Brown Moruga
(Both ways on those^^^^^^)
SB7J x 7 Pot Madballz (not too confident in these)

Then this one. This is Stefan's (MeatFreaks) Azabache Jalapeño (dark chocolate). There are only a few pods so far (a lot of drop), but the pods that ARE there are.........I'm gonna call them Olive-Peño's.
7XFsRFA.jpg

HChKqEF.jpg

vshWupM.jpg

If they DO go from green to black-ish, it'll definitely look like both green and black olives. Lol

One of the Cinders has really long petals. I pulled a "standard" sized Chinense flower and took comparison pics.
FVo2k6s.jpg

O0aRg2A.jpg

MustardGum NagaBrain
O5ZF3nM.jpg

jIFyora.jpg

qyvkvmV.jpg

Black Naga x Peri-Peri F3
bv1PKO7.jpg

EDIT: I just realized the flower-petal-size pics were the same. Added the correct one.

I grew an Aji Charapita last year. Were they yellow? Orange? I don't remember. But that's what THESE are, but the seeds came from Jay Weaver's farm via Bookers. Not as round as the last plants' pods.
gKZYYOq.jpg

8zqOlSs.jpg

NPQwYIB.jpg

pZcEEpj.jpg

Very Chinense-smelling! Not sure in flavor. Not ready myself, yet. Lol. Not today. Even though they aren't that hot. They will be to me. Lol

In the beginning, I thought this plant was setting pods. But I was wrong. Nothing at all on this plant. So I didn't pay much attention to it. But I kept watering and feeding it. This is the one with the weird flowers. Stringy anthers. But it's a little tree-bush.

NOT PDN x SB7J
CFVZDEW.jpg

7QrvbHR.jpg

Then today, I happened to see these little Frutescens-type pods.
m1zOR3Z.jpg

rhHOMz9.jpg

SfgxmEI.jpg

I guess I'm gonna watch this one closer. Lol

Local nursery strikes again.......
Pimenta Puma. I sold my puma from seed and tried this one. It's really short....like 8 inches high, never topped, and the pods point upward.
qQv7X3B.jpg

lBqOMZd.jpg

QWycK4c.jpg

This Death Spiral was twice as big. I'll post the borer story later. I had to cut off half the plant. These guys are new/young and already looking mean!
zo2z6tg.jpg

Both from the nursery.

What a waste..........

What a total waste....... ☹️

Every year, tomatoes planted in the garden get juglone poisoning. So I've been doing pots. I had extra plants this year, so I dug out by hand every hole, amended my own soil, and refilled the big holes.

It didn't work.......
Just the maters......2 closest rows. Row 2 has 3 peppers.
AoZqenG.jpg

QJnBGGX.jpg

DLvr6XY.jpg

These tomatoes have the same soil, just not in the ground.
kAsOKjI.jpg

XtFv38L.jpg

I think the standing is 4 out of 15 are gonna make it. ☹️

That :censored: !

Any idea where the juglone comes from, or how it ended up in your soil? There is a walnut tree in the vicinity?

I had to look up what is was, as I'm not familiar with this type of soil poisoning. 

ahayastani said:
That :censored: !

Any idea where the juglone comes from, or how it ended up in your soil? There is a walnut tree in the vicinity?

I had to look up what is was, as I'm not familiar with this type of soil poisoning.
Yes........our property is LITTERED with walnut trees, walnuts, leaves, branches......they all fall all season long and seep their shizz into the soil from above [as I found out years later. Rick (Stickman) clued me in].........as well as below, through the roots.

The kicker of the whole thing is I'll go out there tomorrow morning and they will look just fine........until late afternoon. Then they're doing the paralytic shuffle. Lol

Teasin' Bast-Holes........

Bhuter said:
Yes........our property is LITTERED with walnut trees, walnuts, leaves, branches......they all fall all season long and seep their shizz into the soil from above [as I found out years later. Rick (Stickman) clued me in].........as well as below, through the roots.

The kicker of the whole thing is I'll go out there tomorrow morning and they will look just fine........until late afternoon. Then they're doing the paralytic shuffle. Lol

R1er.gif

Bhuter said:

That sucks on the tomatoes man, a lot of plants to go south on you.

Walnut trees are very messy. Have always loved the smell of them though. How far away is the nearest walnut tree to that area?

boutros said:
That sucks on the tomatoes man, a lot of plants to go south on you.

Walnut trees are very messy. Have always loved the smell of them though. How far away is the nearest walnut tree to that area?
10 feet, I'd say. The walnut trees run all along the line of our property and my garden is right in the middle.

boutros said:
Thats pretty close. Looks like some stuff tolerates juglone, (lol typed jugalone at first... juggalos???). but obviously not nightshades.

https://gardenerspath.com/plants/landscape-trees/black-walnut-juglone-toxicity/
Lmao! Great Milanko!

Yeah, it took me a few years of watching their trickery to finally figure it out.

Here's one 7 Pot Cinder F5 plant today. Only a few pods are out of the form I'm looking for. It's looking closer to me. Hopefully the caramel color stays.
DElprDQ.jpg

ahayastani said:
Those are some fine looking pods :!:
Thank you very much! I'm getting excited!

7 Pot Brainstrain Red
mwUntK9.jpg

SB7J
D1LvAhi.jpg

Piment d' Espelette ripening:
3kgOP0m.jpg

The pepper side of the In-ground:
o8oHU55.jpg

lytc5Yw.jpg

The pots. Just like the maters.......doing better than in-ground. All garden holes were hand-dug and my amended soil was put back in. So EVERYTHING has the same soil, gets the same nutes, sun, water, etc. But the pots excell.....
6w32gsV.jpg

jh25DV6.jpg

2crt9b7.jpg

Yes, these Maters look much better........If you look to the right, almost against the trellis, that taller, green plant is the Espelette. About 5'3" tall.
sNerSMV.jpg

81u6Ewl.jpg

Liz Birt
pbPvE8Y.jpg

German Pink
aOhXTx1.jpg

........aaaaaaaand.........

The sucker I pulled off of the Dancing With Smurfs tomato and stuck it in directly into the soil hoping it would root, did so and is budding and about to flower already!
XHSLrR2.jpg

This is the Nelinka cherry, smurfs sucker, and warted pumpkin transplant.
mLbo2Fk.jpg

Back:
5Svxdvc.jpg

This is a pod that took on a late plant from TheGreenMan's seeds.
SN X PB is (Starfish x Habanero Adalberto) x Pimenta Branca ( a baccatum which looks similar to Aji Champion )
lQDitiZ.jpg

Espelette pods
AUNlgF1.jpg

I Scream Scorpion. 1 isolation on this one.
wdAAmQb.jpg

Pasilla de Oaxaca
2PKTiTx.jpg

Pimenta Caixo
aVsz3OG.jpg

boutros said:
Thats pretty close. Looks like some stuff tolerates juglone, (lol typed jugalone at first... juggalos???). but obviously not nightshades.

https://gardenerspath.com/plants/landscape-trees/black-walnut-juglone-toxicity/
I'm on the tomato side taking this pic, furthest away from that big-a$$ Walnut tree in the background.
Dea7yI9.jpg

Same tree on the left, but every tree with branches that look like ferns, are walnuts.
Tq1RLsj.jpg

Opposite corner of the garden. No big walnuts, but the lil bast-holes grow underneath. Walnuts roll and lawnmowers throw them everywhere. Plus the evil surveillance squad (squirrels) bury them all over.......especially in your pots! Softer digging.......
3ZxhhQv.jpg

Back