• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bhuter's 2018 Glog

Hello everybody! I'm late again to the adventures of pepper growing. Seeds didn't hit the towel until March 6, so I have some still below, some hooks, and some little plants. Not too much to look at right now but how about a growlist.

2018 Growlist

Red BBG7 (Ocho Cinco 2014)
BOC (Mine)
Black Naga x Peri-Peri F2 (Mine)
Bishop's Crown
Brown Moruga (PL)
Peach Bhut (WM)
SB7J (Pex Peppers 2014)
Pumpkin Bubblegum (Ford's)
Peach Scotch Bonnet (WHP)
OrangeGum TigerMAMP (GIP)
California Reaper (Tyler Farms)
Ramirez Stinger (mpicante)
BBG Peach Ghost Jami (Mojo)
Monster Apocalisse (Mojo)
Purple Ghost Scorpion (Mojo)
Chocolate Primo (Butch T)
PDN x 7 Pot Caramel F1 (Mine)
PDN x Bonda ma Jacques F6 White & Purple (PaulG)
Purple Flower Baccatum (Mojo)
Wartryx (windchicken)
Purple Flower BBG (Mojo)
PeachGum v3 (Mojo)
Biker Billy Jalapeño (Tyler Farms)
Cappuccino Scotch Bonnet (MikeUSMC)
Peach Clavo x Pink Tiger (Ford's)
Caramel BBG7 (WHP)
7 Pot Cinder Caramel F3 (also have F2 clone overwinter)

Lots of crosses, purples, & BBG. I also air layered a clone from the Caramel Cinder F2 last year (with the help of pepper-guru...thanks, Rich) and it's been in stasis until recently. Just starting new growth and already set a pod.

8U4MXPe.jpg

And here's the whole lot. I don't have much room...just what I can fit under a card table.

Cy0FhOj.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

Devv said:

Then you need to move to Tejas. Here's a teaser...we have 20 acres, a small home. About 2,000 sf with a 1,000 sf shop. Yearly taxes on the property...$1,700. That and no state taxes.

Exactly why I bailed from New York in 1978.

Trust me I would be there tomorrow if I could. My wifes aunt is a tiny 80 something year old chinese woman and she manages that entire property on her own. She does controlled burns and all sorts of crazy stuff for a woman her age. She's a trip. Heres a pic of her and my wife. You can see why she would probably need some help. Pack my bags cuz I'm out of cali as soon as possible. Lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-04-28-15-06-20-1.png
    Screenshot_2018-04-28-15-06-20-1.png
    305.7 KB · Views: 50
Bhuter said:
No worries at all! Sounds like a life plan that you've thought out. You'll have plenty of mesquite to not cook beans with. Lol. It's probably humid there. It's humid here compared to where I'm from.
funny you should mention cuz pot in the picture of the bbq has baked beans in it and the wood inside of it is mesquite. haha

Devv said:

Yeah it is! But most think it's just a weed. I make furniture out of it. And not that worm holed stuff you see on the Internet with the sap wood incorporated into the mix. I make "fine furniture". A few years ago I had a few ranchers and a large tree trimming business take down some bull Mesquite trees. I hauled them off , cut the logs into boards, and made a master bedroom suite out of some of it. A king sized bed, took 2 of us to bring in the headboard, 2 5 drawer dressers, 2 night stands, a 2 seater computer desk, and and entertainment center. And when I made the kitchen cabinets, I transitioned into the dining room with the Mesquite. Still not done, as they don't give me enough hours in a single day...

My son and his 5 kids live in Seguin; small world ;)

Do you have some project pictures of that? I'd love to see your work, I'm a sucker for woodworking.  :party:

Bhuter said:
It's a liquid fertilizer that's pretty concentrated. Not sure of the exact ratio for outdoor gardening, but it's less than a teaspoon per gallon. Like 1/2 tsp.

Thank you very much!!!
Keep us posted on how that foliage pro works out for you. I think I'm gonna make the switch from the grow to the foliage pro once this bottle is done.

Today I started the hardening off process. Not my favorite time of the year. In and out. Up and down the stairs. At least I don't have very many. But it came a lot sooner than I was expecting. I guess I should say YAY! Getting them ready for the wind and getting some much-needed natural UV's. "Only shade for you today, little fellas." I'll start introducing full sun tomorrow at a half hour to a full hour at a time.

IsKuNtc.jpg

You guys seem super confident that spring has finally shown up!  I was pondering starting the process too this week, but the lows yesterday (it was about 30 degrees here) kinda scared me a little.

How many days do you spend hardening them?

Genetikx said:
Looks like we have similar plans for today. Also looks like we both need to restain our decks lol. We're a lot alike, you and I haha
Ha! Must be a midwestern thing. Yeah, they're calling for 68°F today and 78°F the next two days. 60's after that. No time like the present! But I'll procrastinate longer on staining the deck. Lol.

Back